Eagleton

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You can tell Shad is in charge for sure, the schedule doesn't tell if their playing home or away and you can bet what week the team will take a 7 day vacation.

Actually this schedule was posted before he was hired. All the games are away games and it is posted where the game is played under it

9 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

Actually this schedule was posted before he was hired. All the games are away games and it is posted where the game is played under it

Thanks , I am legally blind. My fault. I would like to see them play but the only game that is even close is Seymour which is maybe 12-14 miles from the back side of Heritage High School where I live. I do hope the program success no matter how much I like to rib Shad. He wasn't the right fit at William Blount and it was obvious from the get go and the longer he stayed the worse it got. Any of the high schools in Blount County are terribly underfunded and is the reason for most of their failures. Heritage and William Blount can only be turned around by a miracle worker such as Scott Meadows but neither would have anything to do with such a thing after Scott left WB the last time. That burned bridges with some WB leaders which were to bullheaded to admit it and still won't. I've seen this all play out so many times in my life since the beginning of Heritage and WB. Most of the personal at both schools weren't even alive when both of those programs played their first games back in 1977 and 1979 and I was there at both of them so I've seen everything from the get go. Much as I like to kid Shad he will be okay at Eagleton and may be a better fit from his experience from all his stops as a high school football coach. P.S. That's why I print everything in bolder larger letters so I can read what I write.

Edited by BarneySox2007

I think Shad may have stepped into a honey hole out at Eagleton College. I drove by today and if there wasn't fifty plus boy's out on that football field I don't know what. May have been 7th to 10th grades but there was more than I expected. That big artificial football field and track are going in right now as I speak. Some have made comments through out the county that the real name should have been Eagleton Sports Academy. All I'm going to say is for a school to only have 10 grades right now and that many kids out they came from somewhere and possibly Shad can redeem his reputation after a bad stop at WB.

Think Eagleton is gonna bring success back to the county schools. Ever since they consolidated all the  what would be 1a schools today into 1 6a and 1 5a school. I think Blount County was separate out enough to justify most of the community schools  would it had been better if they consolidated into 4 3a schools? I know Porter and Walland both had a success in football with Townsend Lanier and Friendsville being up and down.  I think Eagleton is definetly gonna be bringing that back to Blount County football.

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Think Eagleton is gonna bring success back to the county schools. Ever since they consolidated all the  what would be 1a schools today into 1 6a and 1 5a school. I think Blount County was separate out enough to justify most of the community schools  would it had been better if they consolidated into 4 3a schools? I know Porter and Walland both had a success in football with Townsend Lanier and Friendsville being up and down.  I think Eagleton is definetly gonna be bringing that back to Blount County football.

This may and should be true.I just dont think you have the right man at the helm.He will look better at Eagleton because most of the teams they will play in 1A just arent very good around these parts.GB and Coalfield are the top 2 most years and GB had some great coaching but now we are doing good to compete with the Oakdales.Eagleton will probably field high 40s to 50s the rest of us do good to have 30 to 35.So how will his success be monitored?I know a handful that transferred in THEN found out who got the job and have put a timeline on moving on.Im curious to see how this goes forward.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This may and should be true.I just dont think you have the right man at the helm.He will look better at Eagleton because most of the teams they will play in 1A just arent very good around these parts.GB and Coalfield are the top 2 most years and GB had some great coaching but now we are doing good to compete with the Oakdales.Eagleton will probably field high 40s to 50s the rest of us do good to have 30 to 35.So how will his success be monitored?I know a handful that transferred in THEN found out who got the job and have put a timeline on moving on.Im curious to see how this goes forward.

Usually the Times has a football spread in the paper the week of the jamboree which is this week. Be interesting to finally figure out where some of these kids may have came from or where would they have went if this school had not evolved. 

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Sounds like a honey hole with the right coaches.

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Usually the Times has a football spread in the paper the week of the jamboree which is this week. Be interesting to finally figure out where some of these kids may have came from or where would they have went if this school had not evolved. 

One came from us because our Admin wouldnt hire a wrestling coach and his young son is an all american wrestler.So we lost a stud and Eagleton gained a great young wrestler who will also be a great footballer!BUT if they dont produce who knows??We did hire one 2 weeks after they left.I di not blame the family one bit,Coach Ridge is one of the best Wrestling coaches in Tn. football no wrestling yes!Shad has a Gold mine if he really can coach.Gonna be different with kids playing both ways he is used to having 60 and 70 kids to choose although that hadnt worked for him either.