2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

4 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Most district regular season play finishing up tonight or this week with games that have post season implications...Summertown vs. Loretto....Harpeth vs. Hickman Co....Camden vs. Jo Byrns....and others I am sure. 

Libero for Summertown hurt hand against Lawrenceburg but could play ( game time ) but not 100% / know Loretto has improved since last meeting -should be interesting 

Harpeth is regular season district champs defeating Hickman Co 3-1. 

Camden doesn’t let Jo Byrns sneak in again this year as they easily handle the Red Devils to take their District. 

Interested to hear more about how the Loretto/Summertown match went down. Always back and forth with those two! I’m guessing they tie for district, not that it really matters who is 1-2. It’s gonna be those two in the finals of District and Region anyway. 

Edited by Rockstar89

On 9/20/2022 at 5:01 PM, Jaychapman said:

Libero for Summertown hurt hand against Lawrenceburg but could play ( game time ) but not 100% / know Loretto has improved since last meeting -should be interesting 

Sorry about your gal. You were right-on wrt Loretto improving. Lots of games left. 

I'm up early Saturday for the Mountain Empire Tournament in Johnson City, Tennessee. I'll keep you posted. 

Just sayin', tell the kid to keep it wrapped.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Sorry about your gal. You were right-on wrt Loretto improving. Lots of games left. 

I'm up early Saturday for the Mountain Empire Tournament in Johnson City, Tennessee. I'll keep you posted. 

Just sayin', tell the kid to keep it wrapped.

She played but not 100% / Summertown has to clean things up or be short season / Loretto played good not taking anything away from them but too many errors on our part  

Watertown tourney today. Harpeth & Watertown played twice. Once in pool and once in Gold. Watertown wins both times in 3 tightly contested sets. They are pretty equally matched teams. I had heard Watertown wasn’t very good this year but I actually thought they were a pretty good small school team. A couple of good hitters and well coached. Harpeth just made too many mistakes. Gotta clean it up at this point in the season. 

Sale Creek is also here. They won all their pool games but somehow ended up on what I consider the easier pool. There was one set they won 25-1. They have a very big lineup that I’m sure intimidates a lot of teams. But like single A ball goes, make their share of mistakes as well. We had to leave so I am not sure how they did in the tourney. 

Edited by Rockstar89

1 hour ago, Rockstar89 said:

Watertown tourney today. Harpeth & Watertown played twice. Once in pool and once in Gold. Watertown wins both times in 3 tightly contested sets. They are pretty equally matched teams. I had heard Watertown wasn’t very good this year but I actually thought they were a pretty good small school team. A couple of good hitters and well coached. Harpeth just made too many mistakes. Gotta clean it up at this point in the season. 

Sale Creek is also here. They won all their pool games but somehow ended up on what I consider the easier pool. There was one set they won 25-1. They have a very big lineup that I’m sure intimidates a lot of teams. But like single A ball goes, make their share of mistakes as well. We had to leave so I am not sure how they did in the tourney. 

Sounds like you were at the same tourney as me. 

Today, South Greene played in a tournament of teams mostly from East Tennessee. I'm not sure how many were teams in Class A. 

The Lady Rebels did well. 

13 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Sounds like you were at the same tourney as me. 

Today, South Greene played in a tournament of teams mostly from East Tennessee. I'm not sure how many were teams in Class A. 

The Lady Rebels did well. 

I just heard Sale Creek won it all at Watertown. They beat Mt Juliet in the finals. 

Edited by Rockstar89