2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

4 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Region 5-A Championship…Harpeth sweeps Camden 3-0 (25-18, 25-21, 25-18). Harpeth will host Summertown and Camden will go to Loretto on Thursday. Same sectionals as last year, but different hosts as winners/losers flip flop this year. Should be two good games!!!!

Summertown better clean their act up or be long trip home 

On 10/12/2022 at 4:10 AM, Jaychapman said:

Summertown better clean their act up or be long trip home 

Looking at Summertown's past games this year, they are even with Loretto and have played well against teams like Eagleville. 

It's a big game tonight for your team, but I expect to see them in the "elite eight" when all the dust settles. 

Good luck.

50 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Looking at Summertown's past games this year, they are even with Loretto and have played well against teams like Eagleville. 

It's a big game tonight for your team, but I expect to see them in the "elite eight" when all the dust settles. 

Good luck.

Grand said it wasn’t a pretty site in dressing room after got beat so should be fired up tonight   Hope so 

On 10/5/2022 at 2:56 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Just looked up Copper Basin...huge District there. CSAS looks to be the best team in that District on paper. And Region 2 is fairly weak. But you gotta win the Region or you will end up playing South Greene in the sectionals and that is tough uphill sledding.

Copper Basin got put out by Meigs, then Meigs got put out by York and yes CSAS is the best team in that district. Tonight York at South Greene at GP at CSAS. I say SG and CSAS move on.

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown wins 3-0 over Harpeth but they could probably beat some of teams at State 

Yeah wish we could have that one back. Harpeth has been playing well the last three weeks, but could not get a good 1st pass tonight. Summertown no real stand outs, but a very solid, well rounded, well-coached team that doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. That, and the experience of playing over 50 matches in a season will take them far at state I am sure!

9 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Yeah wish we could have that one back. Harpeth has been playing well the last three weeks, but could not get a good 1st pass tonight. Summertown no real stand outs, but a very solid, well rounded, well-coached team that doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. That, and the experience of playing over 50 matches in a season will take them far at state I am sure!

Thanks / class outfit over there 

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Just saw brackets - lower half loaded - but at this stage they’re all good 

Summertown got a great draw…Sale Creek and Loretto got hosed. Sale Creek and Loretto should not be playing in the first round in my opinion. And then the winner getting South Greene….Whew. It’s gonna be a gauntlet in the bottom half. 

18 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Summertown got a great draw…Sale Creek and Loretto got hosed. Sale Creek and Loretto should not be playing in the first round in my opinion. And then the winner getting South Greene….Whew. It’s gonna be a gauntlet in the bottom half. 

Seems to always happen in blind draw that one half is loaded - happens all the time in basketball also - 1A loaded this year more than any in recent memory - any bodies tournament to win 5 or 6 got good shot 

21 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Seems to always happen in blind draw that one half is loaded - happens all the time in basketball also - 1A loaded this year more than any in recent memory - any bodies tournament to win 5 or 6 got good shot 

I agree there is not a clear-cut favorite. Anything can happen if the sets are close. 

Even though the title will be going to one school's team, these kids are all winners. Congratulations and good luck to all. Enjoy the experience!