Game 1 Springfield @ Greenbrier

brian2000

It’s here:hungry:. What else can I say? I like the Jackets in this one. Bobcats offense may be a little better than last couple of yrs. QB9 is mobile and he likes to throw to 11 or 19 (UT commit) mostly. Their OL hasn’t been as impressive which may be a reason of rolling 9 out. Excited to see this Jacket team. Several playmakers and a few new contributors. With all that said I say Jackets 35 Bobcats 12

Edited by brian2000

I was thinking the Jackets by 3 TD's or so, so I think your score prediction will be fairly close. That being said, I havent seen either team this year and just basing my guess off of who I know is coming back for both teams. IMO, #9 for GB was the best player on the field during last yrs game. This was the first game of his sophomore season, with him playing safety and before their coaching staff finally put the ball in his hands on offense. This was also with a UT walk-on (I think got hurt early in the game) and UT commit on his team as well. Hopefully the Jackets D keeps him contained and hes running for his life all night. 

The Jackets O is in good hands with a very good QB who has a strong arm and he is a LOAD to bring down when he takes off. There aren't many DB's or even LB's who want some one on one in the open field. He has a stable of rb's to hand off to as well. Jackets D will be somewhat small for a 5A school but it's full of kids who do their assignments, fly to the ball, tackle well and are VERY WELL coached. 

In the end, the Jackets well-balanced team will be too much for the Bobcats and they'll head back up Hwy 41N with the W.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

I was thinking the Jackets by 3 TD's or so, so I think your score prediction will be fairly close. That being said, I havent seen either team this year and just basing my guess off of who I know is coming back for both teams. IMO, #9 for GB was the best player on the field during last yrs game. This was the first game of his sophomore season, with him playing safety and before their coaching staff finally put the ball in his hands on offense. This was also with a UT walk-on (I think got hurt early in the game) and UT commit on his team as well. Hopefully the Jackets D keeps him contained and hes running for his life all night. 

The Jackets O is in good hands with a very good QB who has a strong arm and he is a LOAD to bring down when he takes off. There aren't many DB's or even LB's who want some one on one in the open field. He has a stable of rb's to hand off to as well. Jackets D will be somewhat small for a 5A school but it's full of kids who do their assignments, fly to the ball, tackle well and are VERY WELL coached. 

In the end, the Jackets well-balanced team will be too much for the Bobcats and they'll head back up Hwy 41N with the W.

Tonight was the 2nd time I’ve seen Greenbrier this preseason. They scrimmaged Heritage couple of weeks ago and only scores 3 tds the entire game....that’s with starters in for most of the game. Their OL struggled especially pass protection at Heritage. TE19 will drag with 9 rolling as well. 19 blitzes alot. He bullies his way into the backfield to blow the play up. ER moved the ball on them tonight but couldn’t score. And from what I saw both games Greenbrier doesn’t have a kicker. 

Devon has thrown the ball really well. Wrs and rbs have looked good. OL is experienced. Defense swarming. Ive seen were Greenbrier has been getting picked to make a playoff spot in their tough region.....out of 9 teams. Will be a nice test for the Jackets...Bobcats have few nice pieces.

Edited by brian2000

23 hours ago, brian2000 said:

Tonight was the 2nd time I’ve seen Greenbrier this preseason. They scrimmaged Heritage couple of weeks ago and only scores 3 tds the entire game....that’s with starters in for most of the game. Their OL struggled especially pass protection at Heritage. TE19 will drag with 9 rolling as well. 19 blitzes alot. He bullies his way into the backfield to blow the play up. ER moved the ball on them tonight but couldn’t score. And from what I saw both games Greenbrier doesn’t have a kicker. 

Devon has thrown the ball really well. Wrs and rbs have looked good. OL is experienced. Defense swarming. Ive seen were Greenbrier has been getting picked to make a playoff spot in their tough region.....out of 9 teams. Will be a nice test for the Jackets...Bobcats have few nice pieces.

We can’t sleep on Greenbrier or we will regret it.  I know Coaches Wilson won’t, I am hoping the players don’t over look the Bobcats or we will start the season with an embarrassing L.  #19 bill rushing into the backfield to try and blow up plays.  We need strong line play and our D to continue the play from last year 

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

We can’t sleep on Greenbrier or we will regret it.  I know Coaches Wilson won’t, I am hoping the players don’t over look the Bobcats or we will start the season with an embarrassing L.  #19 bill rushing into the backfield to try and blow up plays.  We need strong line play and our D to continue the play from last year 

I expect Dustin and crew will be focused. 19 is a hoss and loves to blitz. He’s probably 6’6 270 at MLB. He blitzed some in last yr game few times. I expect offense to be better and defense might be close to what is was last yr. 

Football is finally here and time for the in county rivalry with the Bobcats. Springfield leads the series 19-6 having won the last 8 in a row. I expect this years game to be more competitive than some of the previous matchups. Greenbrier has a D1 player already committed to Tennessee and I’m hearing a transfer from Knoxville Catholic on the roster and along with several players who have improved from last years team. That being said the Jackets return several players from last year’s team and probably the largest senior classes in my recent memory, who by the way haven’t given a point to the Bobcats in the last three matchups and l’m sure will be eager to keep the streak alive. I’ll take the Jackets 24-13. Hoping to hear from some Greenbrier faithful on their predictions.

Like to see Jackets get after the QB and cover 11 and 19......I can see them taking a few deep shots on the Jackets. In a scrimmage couple wks ago they were also working on a double handoff by the RBs...something similar as Hendersonville use to do.... or still does. OL just hasn’t looked impressive for them. I don’t know...we’ll find out in a few days.