Union City comes to Lake co

mrbigster

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

2 things. First, Pearl Cohn beat Hardin Co in the 2nd rd last year. Not the semis. Second, Milan was 4-6 last year. Carry on. 

Sorry.  I stand corrected on the Hardin Co.  I used unapproved website record when I quoted 5-6.  Max Prep gave Milan a forfeit win against Manassas.  

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Totally agree with you. LC played very uninspired. UC come to Tiptonville on a mission. I really don't think LC is that bad. One team was ready to play and the other team wasn't.

Coming not to play is losing by 21 or 28 points. Union City just came into y’all’s kitchen and ate all your food and then took your wife home with them. 62 points is a beat down and it’s going to be very very hard for Lake County to shake that off. Next team that jumps up by 14 points those kids immediately are more likely to lay down. Not sure which is more eye opening. Union City being that good this year or Lake County being beaten like that. I’m just keeping it real

15 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Coming not to play is losing by 21 or 28 points. Union City just came into y’all’s kitchen and ate all your food and then took your wife home with them. 62 points is a beat down and it’s going to be very very hard for Lake County to shake that off. Next team that jumps up by 14 points those kids immediately are more likely to lay down. Not sure which is more eye opening. Union City being that good this year or Lake County being beaten like that. I’m just keeping it real

Lake county has a few skill players but you can’t do anything when your o and dline are holding up red blankets like matadors in front of bulls and just stepping away lol 

15 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

No where to go but up for the falcons .Good thing it only counts as one loss and was not a region game 

Our line play on offense and defense was horrendous... period. I said that all spring long. When the coaches were taking the skill players, backs and receivers,up and down the road doing 7on7 camps and scrimmages and leaving the linemen at home. There were linemen skill camps everywhere and lake county staff never took the "big men". It doesn't matter what kind of backs you have if the lineman can't block and can't tackle your going to get blowed out just that simple. I was excited when Austin Hopper came back as line coach but found out Friday night that he has already quit. Word is that he couldn't get along with the offensive coordinator hunter short who acts more like the head coach.

Edited by truefalconfan

13 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

All of what you said is true. Hopefully the Falcons will not quit like they did last Friday. I can take getting beat but quitting is not excusable.

11 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Our line play on offense and defense was horrendous... period. I said that all spring long. When the coaches were taking the skill players, backs and receivers,up and down the road doing 7on7 camps and scrimmages and leaving the linemen at home. There were linemen skill camps everywhere and lake county staff never took the "big men". It doesn't matter what kind of backs you have if the lineman can't block and can't tackle your going to get blowed out just that simple. I was excited when Austin Hopper came back as line coach but found out Friday night that he has already quit. Word is that he couldn't get along with the offensive coordinator hunter short who acts more like the head coach.

I see you did a little editing. Took out the part where you said "I knew this was a bad hire when it was announced.

Especially, considering, when he was hired you said "Look out world the falcons are back!!!!!" . 

59 minutes ago, flythew said:

I see you did a little editing. Took out the part where you said "I knew this was a bad hire when it was announced.

Especially, considering, when he was hired you said "Look out world the falcons are back!!!!!" . 

So do you agree with his assessment of the situation?

13 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

I thought the linebacker play was worse . Suppose to be someone there to fill the holes .everyone has a gap to fill most of the long runs no linebackers were there to hit them 

On 8/20/2022 at 6:02 PM, GTfanTN said:

If you don't take what  local announcers say with a grain of salt; then, you haven't watched/listened to many local announcers talk about their teams.  

Not sure where you get that USJ will get killed by McKenzie, Milan and HC?!?!  We normally play whoever our opponent is very tough regardless who they are.  We played Hardin Co better than anyone last year until they got beat in the semi-finals by Pearl-Cohn.  Milan is coming off a 5-6 season.  I watched them play Trenton Thursday night.  They are better than last year.  However, theyl were only up 13-7 going to the 4th quarter. Trenton played the entire 2nd half with a 3rd string QB.  Milan hasn't proved anything yet.  McKenzie is a really good team but I would put my Bruins right up against them any day of the week.  

I love how people just throw comments out there and have absolutely nothing to back it up.  

What about now? I can picture you right now in your gated subdivision wearing your vineyard vines short shorts, so upset that your girly blue bruins aren’t a premier team in West TN. It’s okay sweetheart. They play in the worst division in football so they’ll turn out alright