Union City comes to Lake co

mrbigster

8 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

Like was said on another thread, you better not come at UC with 3 D-linemen and if they are kicking you in the mouth you better be willing to adjust or you'll get 62 pts hung on you. On to next week.......

If you Have 3 with size and speed you can , linebackers can sell out against UC and fill the gaps, Lake showed 0 ability to crash down and fill ! Never in a million years did I think The Falcons would get pushed around like they did. ! As a observer the problems stick out like a sore thumb ! I really hope it can be fixed these seniors deserve better !

24 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

If you Have 3 with size and speed you can , linebackers can sell out against UC and fill the gaps, Lake showed 0 ability to crash down and fill ! Never in a million years did I think The Falcons would get pushed around like they did. ! As a observer the problems stick out like a sore thumb ! I really hope it can be fixed these seniors deserve better !

Agreed.......

15 hours ago, 731Ball said:

and you believed that? If USJ is a college level team, I’d hate to know what McKenzie, Milan, and Henry county are. They’d all 3 beat USJ to sleep. 

If you don't take what  local announcers say with a grain of salt; then, you haven't watched/listened to many local announcers talk about their teams.  

Not sure where you get that USJ will get killed by McKenzie, Milan and HC?!?!  We normally play whoever our opponent is very tough regardless who they are.  We played Hardin Co better than anyone last year until they got beat in the semi-finals by Pearl-Cohn.  Milan is coming off a 5-6 season.  I watched them play Trenton Thursday night.  They are better than last year.  However, theyl were only up 13-7 going to the 4th quarter. Trenton played the entire 2nd half with a 3rd string QB.  Milan hasn't proved anything yet.  McKenzie is a really good team but I would put my Bruins right up against them any day of the week.  

I love how people just throw comments out there and have absolutely nothing to back it up.  

2 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

If you don't take what  local announcers say with a grain of salt; then, you haven't watched/listened to many local announcers talk about their teams.  

Not sure where you get that USJ will get killed by McKenzie, Milan and HC?!?!  We normally play whoever our opponent is very tough regardless who they are.  We played Hardin Co better than anyone last year until they got beat in the semi-finals by Pearl-Cohn.  Milan is coming off a 5-6 season.  I watched them play Trenton Thursday night.  They are better than last year.  However, theyl were only up 13-7 going to the 4th quarter. Trenton played the entire 2nd half with a 3rd string QB.  Milan hasn't proved anything yet.  McKenzie is a really good team but I would put my Bruins right up against them any day of the week.  

I love how people just throw comments out there and have absolutely nothing to back it up.  

Okay. If you can hang with McKenzie, Milan, and Henry county then union city should be a walk in the park. We’ll revisit Friday. 

14 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

All good points , except London is a running back / linebacker didn’t have a 3 rd string QB and still had a shot late ! The Bruins Have the ability to Stretch the files and can win multiple ways , but I guess we should take this to the UC vs USJ thread ! Prides just glad we ain’t gotta sue neither one of you sissies during the season your both tough teams ! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

41 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Union City just jumped to the top of 2A in the West. You don’t thump Lake County like that unless you have some serious talent. Union City just put 2A on notice. I’m just keeping it real.

I want to Agree , UC is definitely a contender but Lake County line couldn’t have played worse on both side of the ball ! Amd folks you know I am a fan of LC when we aren’t playing them , so that’s just cold hard facts, it can be fixed and I believe it will be , way to much talent to get beat that bad by any school not names Alcoa Lipscomb or Oakland imho ! 

6 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I want to Agree , UC is definitely a contender but Lake County line couldn’t have played worse on both side of the ball ! Amd folks you know I am a fan of LC when we aren’t playing them , so that’s just cold hard facts, it can be fixed and I believe it will be , way to much talent to get beat that bad by any school not names Alcoa Lipscomb or Oakland imho ! 

Totally agree with you. LC played very uninspired. UC come to Tiptonville on a mission. I really don't think LC is that bad. One team was ready to play and the other team wasn't.

21 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

2 things. First, Pearl Cohn beat Hardin Co in the 2nd rd last year. Not the semis. Second, Milan was 4-6 last year. Carry on. 

5 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Totally agree with you. LC played very uninspired. UC come to Tiptonville on a mission. I really don't think LC is that bad. One team was ready to play and the other team wasn't.

We didn't play inspired at all. No energy, no passion, no leadership. It can turn around and it will turn around. These falcons are gonna be light years improved come playoff time. Too much talent not to be.