Union City comes to Lake co

mrbigster

On 8/14/2022 at 12:48 AM, FootballFan22 said:

If UC’s defense can hold 3a Covington’s offense to 0 , i don’t think UC will have a problem holding down the defensive side of things against LC. UC’s offense will be questionable, however. 

I don’t think UC held Covington to 0 or at least the game film doesn’t reflect that number.

26 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

I don’t think UC held Covington to 0 or at least the game film doesn’t reflect that number.

The varsity Score between UC and Covington was 0-0. The first 20 minutes was our JV which Covington won 2-0. The last 40 minutes was between varsity which was 0-0. Don’t have to watch film I was there. Ask the Covington faithful about our defense. 

11 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

The varsity Score between UC and Covington was 0-0. The first 20 minutes was our JV which Covington won 2-0. The last 40 minutes was between varsity which was 0-0. Don’t have to watch film I was there. Ask the Covington faithful about our defense. 

I'm anxious to see for myself.

12 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

UC must have several "starters" playing on JV then.  I do look forward to Friday night.  I don't put much stock in a Jamboree or scrimmage as teams are still ironing out things and not showing their full hand.  UC is always a formidable opponent and I'm anxious to see this game played on the field Friday night.   I'm no coach and UC is not playing in the SEC but I do look for UC to bring their A game against our little 1A school.  Both fan bases get fired up when UC and LC play.  Good times!  

Edited by TipToe421

6 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I was told by athletic director that Day Day should be ready next week against Central.

That's good.  I believe LC will be ok this week with the horses they have in the stable at RB.  The "donkey" probably won't make an appearance this week but you never know.  Torando82 says UC has a lockdown defense so points might be tough to come by.............:ph34r::popcorneater:

13 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

Still missing SWO's input and detailed info concerning Xs and Os.  This thread has been pretty boring unlike years past.  Guess the times are changing....................lol:mrgreen:

Yep Swo has tons of stuff going on in his life , great things at that , miss him on here but glad to call him a friend as well !

39 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

UC must have several "starters" playing on JV then.  I do look forward to Friday night.  I don't put much stock in a Jamboree or scrimmage as teams are still ironing out things and not showing their full hand.  UC is always a formidable opponent and I'm anxious to see this game played on the field Friday night.   I'm no coach and UC is not playing in the SEC but I do look for UC to bring their A game against our little 1A school.  Both fan bases get fired up when UC and LC play.  Good times!  

No they didnt. You can obviously tell nobody who played on JV played on varsity except one guy. And that's because he's a freshman that starts on varsity as well. You just have fun at the little concert before the game and think of the excuses that you're gonna make after the game for when UC stomps on LC because every year LC seems to have an excuse.

1 hour ago, FootballFan22 said:

No they didnt. You can obviously tell nobody who played on JV played on varsity except one guy. And that's because he's a freshman that starts on varsity as well. You just have fun at the little concert before the game and think of the excuses that you're gonna make after the game for when UC stomps on LC because every year LC seems to have an excuse.

A stomping?