Henry County @ Summit Week 1

BigRed88

1 minute ago, MSURacer said:

That was a very dominant performance by Henry County. I thought Summit had an excellent game plan. Played keepaway for most of the 1st half and was pretty successful. HC’s speed on defense and balance on offense was just too much though.

Really solid win for the red team tonight. 

I loved the attitude of this defense. They played like a unit that was on a mission. They set the tone I thought and by the 2nd half the offense showed up in a good way. A few minor things to correct, but other than that I love where we are at. 

GO BIG RED!!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

I loved the attitude of this defense. They played like a unit that was on a mission. They set the tone I thought and by the 2nd half the offense showed up in a good way. A few minor things to correct, but other than that I love where we are at. 

GO BIG RED!!!

Jayce Kendall is an amazing player. He is all over the field. Really the whole back 7 on defense is something to watch, and once the big guys up front settled down they started feasting as well. 

Probably the best opening game performance we have had since 2011. Hope they can build on it. 

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Jayce Kendall is an amazing player. He is all over the field. Really the whole back 7 on defense is something to watch, and once the big guys up front settled down they started feasting as well. 

Probably the best opening game performance we have had since 2011. Hope they can build on it. 

Absolutely agree. It's nice to start the season off with a W!

Final thoughts on this game: As solid a win as it was, and it was dang solid, I'm not going to get too overconfident with it. I respect the heck out of Summit's program, but they are clearly in rebuild mode this season. I think Beech, Brentwood, and possibly Springfield will be more formidable opponents this year. 

10 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Final thoughts on this game: As solid a win as it was, and it was dang solid, I'm not going to get too overconfident with it. I respect the heck out of Summit's program, but they are clearly in rebuild mode this season. I think Beech, Brentwood, and possibly Springfield will be more formidable opponents this year. 

Exactly