Oak Ridge at South Doyle

boyfromsi

Oak Ridge is better, most position groups are improved. South Doyle is way down, really struggled on both sides of the ball all game long, their scores came against back ups,  OR needs to tone down the wolfing, gonna get called for that stuff, especially in Knoxville. A good thing I saw tonight was running backs getting upfield for good yardage instead of getting killed in the backfield, credit an improved offensive line for that, although they need to watch the holding.  Defense more aggressive, coming across and making plays for losses and nice to see defensive backs go to the football and pick it off. Punter is a good weapon to keep teams backed up and made extra points except one that was blocked, which was on the line, they let them come right up the middle, Kickoffs in the end zone, which is always good and some good kickoff returns too. Good to open with a breather, but I think Bearden is much better than SD (we will see tonight when they play West). Biggest improvements for teams is usually Week 1 to Week 2, and OR needs to clean a few things up and be ready for a tougher opponent next Friday night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

How do you all feel Sharpe did?

Did the kicking game look good?  ORHS Class of 1982 Mike Kelley is coaching the kickers now. He replaces the Legendary Coach Saunders.

RWR!  For. The. Ridge.

I thought Sharpe was fine. He'll improve over time. The 1 throw into the EZ early to Elijah was beautiful.

Until OR plays a decent team, we really won't know a lot except as CJ pointed out it's obvious some of OR's elements are improved, i.e. OL blocking and the kick game looks fine. We already knew we had athletes, we always do.

5 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Oak Ridge is better, most position groups are improved. South Doyle is way down, really struggled on both sides of the ball all game long, their scores came against back ups,  OR needs to tone down the wolfing, gonna get called for that stuff, especially in Knoxville. A good thing I saw tonight was running backs getting upfield for good yardage instead of getting killed in the backfield, credit an improved offensive line for that, although they need to watch the holding.  Defense more aggressive, coming across and making plays for losses and nice to see defensive backs go to the football and pick it off. Punter is a good weapon to keep teams backed up and made extra points except one that was blocked, which was on the line, they let them come right up the middle, Kickoffs in the end zone, which is always good and some good kickoff returns too. Good to open with a breather, but I think Bearden is much better than SD (we will see tonight when they play West). Biggest improvements for teams is usually Week 1 to Week 2, and OR needs to clean a few things up and be ready for a tougher opponent next Friday night.

Don't see to many wins on the horizon for S-D. They are going to miss Coach Duncans leadership and football knowledge and there going to miss some of the other coaches they had there. Coach Duncan built S-D into a playoff regular. Before he got there they were not very good. 

On 8/20/2022 at 1:29 AM, NoleNation3 said:

It was another BS call.But it was Heyward.He got his helmet ripped off during play and he is walking back to sideline upset talking to his teammate when the ref threw a flag from 25 yds away.It was his 2nd unsportsmanlike.The 1st one also looked to be a phantom call.I didn't see him do anything at all

This is exactly what happened.  Total BS.  Anybody familiar with Knox area football will recognize the ref that threw the flag from 20 yards away.  13 lined up on the outside of the extra point formation was yanked to the ground by his helmet that got ripped off.     His teammate walked him out to the 20 yard line, he picked up his helmet and walked off the field and the flag came came down from 20 yards away.  C'mon man.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

Well it's nice to see OR's offensive line take a step forward! They still have a ways to go, but I'll admit, I saw improvement out there against SD. That should bode well moving forward, and you guys have plenty to look forward to.

That said, SD looked downright terrible. They are in for a VERY long season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oridgecat said:

This is exactly what happened.  Total BS.  Anybody familiar with Knox area football will recognize the ref that threw the flag from 20 yards away.  13 lined up on the outside of the extra point formation was yanked to the ground by his helmet that got ripped off.     His teammate walked him out to the 20 yard line, he picked up his helmet and walked off the field and the flag came came down from 20 yards away.  C'mon man.  

I am sure the suspension will be appealed to the TSSAA, but I doubt they will reverse it. I thought there were a lot of strange nickel dime calls in this game. Seems like flags flew from everywhere. Looked like a used car lot.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I am sure the suspension will be appealed to the TSSAA, but I doubt they will reverse it. I thought there were a lot of strange nickel dime calls in this game. Seems like flags flew from everywhere. Looked like a used car lot.

Sure did.They should do the right thing and let him play.