Mairvul heds ovur two Emree Rd.

STARSNBARS

Without Potts, and I would be surprised of he's back for next week, the Rebs roll. 

And my Red Rebel friends,  I am going to put a few things on the smoker Friday. I'd be offended if you don't stop by my house pre game for a visit and some pre game goodies. Shoot me a PM for my address. I'm less than a mile from Powell High. 

With God's grace i kicked cancers butt. Let's celebrate it. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

Without Potts, and I would be surprised of he's back for next week, the Rebs roll. 

And my Red Rebel friends,  I am going to put a few things on the smoker Friday. I'd be offended if you don't stop by my house pre game for a visit and some pre game goodies. Shoot me a PM for my address. I'm less than a mile from Powell High. 

Didn’t know about your cancer. Glory be to God for overcoming it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Didn’t know about your cancer. Glory be to God for overcoming it. 

Thank you. 

Didn't intend to make it appear that I was looking for sympathy,  so I didn't bring it here. But I know that I am extremely blessed to be able to have a skilled surgeon get it all out and eliminate the need for chemo or radiation  treatment. 

Appreciate your thoughts. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HTV said:

We are so glad you have been able to beat this. You are a true wealth of knowledge of high school football and enjoy all your post even if we disagree on something I don't think a thing about it.

I understand from hearing Mark Packer last night that Potts will indeed miss this game and maybe one more, but the good news is his injury isn't season ending.  That being said, I don't think Powell has the defense to stop Maryville's running game, which also showed in the second half of last year's game at Maryville. AC seemed to be able to run the ball at will against the Panther defense Friday night as well. Maryville 42 Powell 14.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:01 AM, HTV said:

I will look for the smoke as ill be coming straight from work. Lol

Maryville can't look at the Anderson County vs Powell game and expect an easy game. I remember the 1980 Powell vs Maryville game too well. Maryville was coming off a win over South Young 40-0. South Young beat Powell 17-0 the week before Maryville played South Young. We watched film of the South Young vs Powell game and thought Powell was god awful. Coaches warned us that Powell was better than the film looked. We didn't listen too well. On a rainy night #1 ranked Maryville lost to Powell 8-6.  Maryville lost 6 fumbles that night. Coach Story was so mad. He said it better be a quiet bus ride back to Maryville. That is when I learned not to take any team lightly. Powell still has some athletes. I think Maryville will be ready though.