Clarksville (0-1) @ Springfield (1-0)

Kevin38

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

Yes sir. Good luck. True story here… this burned my behind at the Springfield playoff game last year and made me a little salty. So we’re standing at the gate waiting for it to open and this big dually pick up backs In right next to where we’re all standing, like people had to move to let them in. They must have been just suuuuper important. So this woman get out of the passenger seat and starts right in with she’s sorry we made the trip because we weren’t winning that game. So it made the 0 that much better. We love to talk smack here and whatever it help pass the time till Friday. I’ve just never had anyone do it in person to a whole crowd like that. I do watch y’all on YouTube. When we’re not playing the jackets there fun to watch. 

I have an idea of the person you are referring to, and if it’s who I think it is, they “think” they are super important. 

10 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I have an idea of the person you are referring to, and if it’s who I think it is, they “think” they are super important. 

Let me apologize. I’m not sure how this goes from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye. I know I’ll be losing sleep the week leading up to the HC Yellow Jackets game. Good luck Friday night. I’ll watch the game if it’s on YouTube @Social dweebs. 

2 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Let me apologize. I’m not sure how this goes from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye. I know I’ll be losing sleep the week leading up to the HC Yellow Jackets game. Good luck Friday night. I’ll watch the game if it’s on YouTube @Social dweebs. 

No need to apologize. I totally understood where you were coming from. I think both our fan bases know that our regular season game is just basically for home field in the quarterfinals. I do have to admit, though, that the ride home last year from Paris was pretty sweet. You guys totally took it to us at home in the quarters though. I think had we made that first down early on when we went for it on fourth down you never know what would’ve happened. I watched y’all playing Page and actually turned it off in the 4th quarter thinking you had it won. 

• Upvote 1

Springfield has a lot to clean up from game one on offense imho. Two things come to mind. First the run game between the tackles has to be better, we can’t rely on the outside runs and the qb to take the load on the ground. O-line has to be better at opening holes. Secondly the short/quick pass has to be more crisp, we can’t depend on the big plays on that end when you’re playing formidable competition. Greenbrier got out atheleted on the back end. That won’t be the case going forward in these big games. On a positive note the defense looked like it picked up where it left off last year and may be a little better and was really glad to see depth all over on that side of the ball. I know it’s game one and hopefully we’ll only get better with time. All that being said; Jackets roll on in week 2 against Clarksvegas.

Edited by Poundtherock23

4 hours ago, RollRed said:

All that to be left with a big goose egg. At home:thumb:

You’re 100% correct. Better team won that night. Offense couldn’t move the ball and defense spent WAY to much time on the field and got wore down. 

I do find it funny that around week 5 last year some of the HC faithful posters on here were looking for the nearest bridge or tallest tree with a short rope. That’s bandwagon at it’s finest…..

Edited by DbCooper

3 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

You’re 100% correct. Better team won that night. Offense couldn’t move the ball and defense spent WAY to much time on the field and got wore down. 

I do find it funny that around week 5 last year some of the HC faithful posters on here were looking for the nearest bridge or tallest tree with a short rope. That’s bandwagon are it’s finest…..

Not bandwagon… we tried to tell you the 2nd time you played a hobbled HC team round 1. And the team this year is definitely on a different level from last year. I’m pretty excited about this Beech game Friday to gather more data on this team. I’m not sure by how much we win by but my money says HC takes a W Friday and Beech has the long ride home. Anything can happen tho. Good luck against Clarksville Friday night. 

17 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

I do find it funny that around week 5 last year some of the HC faithful posters on here were looking for the nearest bridge or tallest tree with a short rope. That’s bandwagon at it’s finest…..

I'll admit I was very frustrated at where we was half way or so through the season last year.  I've been a die hard Henry County Patriot fan since I was in high school several years ago. I was frustrated because I knew the potential of that team and from the people I spoke to, a lot of others was frustrated too. Well they got things turned around towards the end of the season and made a heck of a run in the playoffs. I definitely learned not to make posts when you are frustrated. Anyways nothing but respect to Springfield. Sounds like y'all have another solid team this year. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

And HC faithful, dont say it cant happen. Last year, I personally saw the visiting team walk out of the home team's stadium with the win both times we played last year. All he said was "this team has a chance to be in the State game". And come playoff time, that's all you get, 1 chance every week. First things first, Springfield stung the Bob-kittens last week and gotta take care of the Wild-kittens this week.

No barring on this year, but the only reason you walked out of Patriot Stadium with a win last season, was because we didn’t change play callers until the next week.. and that showed in the playoff meeting. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LEON said:

Old time rivals meet again for the 99th time in one of the oldest rivalries if  not the oldest in the state . For this generation the rivalry might not seem as big as Clarksville grew and more and more schools were added , the rivalry between the city schools replaced this one. When the Jackets started playing AA in the late 80’s the in county schools in the AA classification at the time became instant rivals. Springfield leads the series 57-37-4 but in the games when the two met in the playoffs Clarksville has been a thorn in the Jackets side after winning the regular season game the Wildcats won in the playoffs in 1981,2006,2010. As far as this year’s games I’ve got the Jackets 31-17 . The local writers who cover both teams teams have the Jackets to win. The Clarksville writer has the JACKETS by 2 touchdowns and the writer covering SHS takes the Jackets by a touchdown.Sonny Moore Power ratings has the Jackets by 29 . The Friday Night Rivals crew will be broadcasting the game on MyTV 30 .

Jackets by 29? I’d take it but how do they come up with that number?