LA vs Thompson

theawesomebro

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

maybe I am biased but I think this is good for TN football in general.  i know oakland just won against a good out of state opponent and others are too.  I like putting our best against other states best and seeing what happens.  i'm sure it has been going for a while for teams like maryville, alcoa, mccallie, BA, etc but I am new-ish to football as my kids get into it.

on a side note it was clear, in addition to kaleb beasley and edwin spillman, that bryan longwell was one of the best players on the field and he gets very little attention from a recruiting standpoint.  but I guess that is about to change.

Maryville rarely leaves their county to play a game. They have never played a respectable out of state opponent.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lineemup said:

Wonder if Lipscomb will declare as a national team next year? Seems like they are wasting time playing local high school teams from Davidson and surrounding areas..

That would be silly. They just beat two really good public schools. They should just play up in D2-AAA. Or keep playing D2-AA and collecting rings and having a good time doing it.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:02 AM, theawesomebro said:

maybe I am biased but I think this is good for TN football in general.  i know oakland just won against a good out of state opponent and others are too.  I like putting our best against other states best and seeing what happens.  i'm sure it has been going for a while for teams like maryville, alcoa, mccallie, BA, etc but I am new-ish to football as my kids get into it.

on a side note it was clear, in addition to kaleb beasley and edwin spillman, that bryan longwell was one of the best players on the field and he gets very little attention from a recruiting standpoint.  but I guess that is about to change.

I’m on the boat with you. I’ve always said this and for some reason it’s mostly middle and a few West TN teams that try to get out the state and play those ranked/top teams.

1 hour ago, Navy21412 said:

Saw a LA assistant I know last night....he said that LA and CPA will both be playing D2-AAA next year, FWIW.

not sure what kind of helper is leakin this kinda data .....but factuallities that this helper over at this church christ instituition can speak to what them presbyterians are doin next year when folks who nose stuff, dont nose stuff....

..this squid feller spreadin truths BreadTruck?

Booger just sayin 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bd585j49bk7x43h2i219

Edited by Booger

5 minutes ago, Booger said:

not sure what kind of helper is leakin this kinda data .....but factuallities that this helper over at this church christ instituition can speak to what them presbyterians are doin next year when folks who nose stuff, dont nose stuff....

..this squid feller spreadin truths BreadTruck?

Booger just sayin 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bd585j49bk7x43h2i219

Here's how the convo went..."Great win last night, that was impressive...man, glad we (MBA) aren't playing you this year."

"not for long, you'll be playing us next year..."