Forrest @ Cornersville

dawgswin

@GeneralForrest and @Salem

If you guys win by 3 tds or so I think you may be in for a really good push come playoff time. Lewis didn't seem to fare well their first game, Westview definitely down from last year. If you can get past Huntingdon or Riverside you could very well represent the West. I look forward to your game with Marion this year. May be a barn burner. Good luck this year folks.

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

@GeneralForrest and @Salem

If you guys win by 3 tds or so I think you may be in for a really good push come playoff time. Lewis didn't seem to fare well their first game, Westview definitely down from last year. If you can get past Huntingdon or Riverside you could very well represent the West. I look forward to your game with Marion this year. May be a barn burner. Good luck this year folks.

It should come down to us and Riverside in the quarters every year the way the brackets are drawn. Mt. Pleasant and Richland may have something to say about it. We have a solid, deep team this year but this is the worst run of injuries I can recall.  Our fastest player broke his leg in the 1st quarter and is out for the season. Three of our other stars have injuries requiring surgery but are trying to play this season and put off the surgery. Our freshman showed out Saturday but they're not ready to carry the team on a deep playoff run. We need some luck keeping these older guys on the field. 

22 hours ago, dawgswin said:

@Salem @GeneralForrest @Chad02 @sum1uno @cornerback10@BossDog @Lead Is there gonna be a coacht gathering in the parking lot while Todd Warner is smoking us some food?? 

10 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

You may get investigated by the TBI watch out. 

There's more on that list on a FBI watch list than not.  :)

1 minute ago, Salem said:

It should come down to us and Riverside in the quarters every year the way the brackets are drawn. Mt. Pleasant and Richland may have something to say about it. We have a solid, deep team this year but this is the worst run of injuries I can recall.  Our fastest player broke his leg in the 1st quarter and is out for the season. Three of our other stars have injuries requiring surgery but are trying to play this season and put off the surgery. Our freshman showed out Saturday but they're not ready to carry the team on a deep playoff run. We need some luck keeping these older guys on the field. 

Figures don't it. We had our 6 ft 6 inch 330 lb lineman out for our first game as well. We hope to have him back mid season or so.

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

Should be a fun year for you guys. It's one of the few tines I seen General not smack talk Eli after a game lol. So I know you got something. 

Edited by Yeti

9 minutes ago, Yeti said:

It's one of the few tines I seen General not smack talk Eli after a game

I was def ready for the 1st 3 quarters but Forrest poured it on. The Burchell injury just sobered everyone. Could hear a pin drop for an hour. It drains your emotions. I member youse guys had that bus accident. It's like man these are kids. I';m not even comparing the accident to a broken leg. But it reminds you, you know...it's just a sport man 

13 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Figures don't it. We had our 6 ft 6 inch 330 lb lineman out for our first game as well. We hope to have him back mid season or so.

Football can be cruel. We had everything lined up for a good run this year and then ligaments, bone, and cartilage started to fail. 

13 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Should be a fun year for you guys. It's one of the few tines I seen General not smack talk Eli after a game lol. So I know you got something. 

Not a lot to complain about. 55 points. Very few penalties. No turnovers. Good play calls. Good decisions on FGs and XPs. I hope it's a trend. 

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

Football can be cruel. We had everything lined up for a good run this year and then ligaments, bone, and cartilage started to fail. 

Not a lot to complain about. 55 points. Very few penalties. No turnovers. Good play calls. Good decisions on FGs and XPs. I hope it's a trend. 

55 points is hard to do unless your a good team or have quick scoring ability. 

57 minutes ago, Salem said:

i would just say that i wish when something is working Coach Eli would stick with it. I'm not saying run the same kid 25 straight times... but there was a series in the 2nd Q where the run was punishing and he went to a pass play on 2nd and short. I noticed right away that this freshman has faster feet than anyone I can remember at QB. But it wasn't necessary. We had to kick and make it 24-16. Game shouldve been over a lot sooner than it was.

Seems like 1 hold negated a long gain also. Def not as much as other times/teams/games though. The 2019 "best team ever" got called for holding about 1-2x a series on average.  

"You're nitpicking General.."  Yep.

2015 and 2016 Forrest had talent on the line and skill kids. Ran up against an absolute juggernaut both years in Marion, who should be state champs both those years, since Trezvant cheated their rear ends off for multiple seasons. 

2017 was still a very young team, some rough scheduling (BGA, Columbia Academy), some freak last min losses (Fayetteville, Eagleville, Watertown), an abandonment of the power running game with a thousand turnovers in the first half (Lewis), then up against Waverly's best team I saw in the last decade at their place in the first round. Turner did a scoop six to make it a 28-20 at half but that was as close as they got. 

2018 was a weird season. Coach Eli's first year. They quit against Watertown and gave up 49 in the first half.  But fought hard against Waverly at the end and got people's attention. Setting up the 2019 run.

Last two years have also been bizarre with Covid, a weak region, etc. Had a chance at semis last year but that 4th down play call was a candidate for America's Funniest Home Video or Punk'ed. I was looking for Sagat or Kutcher to come running from around the corner ("Ahaaa hahaha you thought they'd do something sensible there!!!?")...

So this year seems set up for the Rockets to be really good.  Would be perfect if R5 had home field all the way to Chatt, but maybe the road wins are needed to focus the team and build character. 

In the end, I have no clue what I am saying. It's just opinion like all of you. I'm sort of waiting for a meltdown against an inferior team. Happens every year.

Ideally these kids would hammer Cornersville in a 38-13 type game, and run the table. Historically, not gonna happen. Coach Eli and staff will have a lot to do with how this season shakes out. 

Edited by GeneralForrest