William Blount Welcomes Karns

OrangePylon

Good Lord. The WB football program is dead. I remember complaining about Gregory on here 10 years ago. If only I had known how bad things could get! This is a game Gregory probably would have won, but if he lost this game it wouldn't have been nearly as one sided as it was tonight. I miss defense. I miss tackling. I miss physical, hard-nosed football. We are so soft it's pathetic. We get no push upfront. We run virtually every play and most plays result in a loss. Where is the blocking? Do we not have an adequate weight training program? What is the deal? 

Edited by GovForce1

5 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

Good Lord. The WB football program is dead. I remember complaining about Gregory on here 10 years ago. If only I had known how bad things could get! This is a game Gregory probably would have won, but if he lost this game it wouldn't have been nearly as one sided as it was tonight. I miss defense. I miss tackling. I miss physical, hard-nosed football. We are so soft it's pathetic. We get no push upfront. We run virtually every play and most plays result in a loss. Where is the blocking? Do we not have an adequate weight training program? What is the deal? 

Not a fan of their offence. In todays game if your expecting a running offense to catch up if your behind the odds are against you and if your defense isn't good it's a worthless cause. Right now I don't see one team on the WB schedule they will beat. Some of it may be what they have lost in younger players to the new Eagleton School. As fragile as this program is it sure didn't need that considering how many WB connections there were at this new school. I was just curious if Bishop ran for a mile or only a half of a mile last night.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not a fan of their offence. In todays game if your expecting a running offense to catch up if your behind the odds are against you and if your defense isn't good it's a worthless cause. Right now I don't see one team on the WB schedule they will beat. Some of it may be what they have lost in younger players to the new Eagleton School. As fragile as this program is it sure didn't need that considering how many WB connections there were at this new school. I was just curious if Bishop ran for a mile or only a half of a mile last night.

It looked like they quit giving him the ball and let others develop. Crazy approach, huh? What was the final?

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They did not run the same offense they ran vs. Clinton. It was almost a complete 180. I think they went under center one time.

I was reading Daily Times articles to catch up with what the coach has been saying and it made me mad. The current coach likes to go on and on about how we are less talented than everybody and we can't win shoot outs. First of all, I have seen WB win shoot outs against decent to good teams in the past decade or so. I have literally sat in the stands to see us score in the last minute to win games. So Reeves' bizarre claim that WB can't win shoot outs is just flat out wrong. Secondly, how does all that loser talk inspire confidence and give your players a winning edge? And say you want to install a better offense, well you undermined yourself because you publicly stated we can't win games with modern offenses. I'm tired of loser talk. Karns was in the grave for decades and still managed to come back and be good. What's our excuse? I don't want to hear another word about talent disparities and transfer players until we have coaches that teach blocking and tackling instead of making excuses. Get better! Or give the job to someone who can get it done. We can and should be better than we are. I have seen WB be so much more than this and that's why it is hard to stomach such an awful product on the field. I literally cringe watching us. We just have no fight whatsoever. And why should we? We have a coach that more or less publicly says we can't win. Oh, and explain to me why we have so much motivational material on social media when our coaches tell the paper we can't win if we have to get in a shoot out? That's not very motivational, coach.