Anderson County Travels to 6A Science Hill Week #2

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I like the checks and balance coach Gillum is using with play calling. Putting a lot of Trust in Martinez. Martinez makes the call or audible and only if there is something Gillum sees then it stands. As coach Gillum said not even the pros give free range to QB as Martinez has. That tells me Martinez knows what he is doing. Everything memorized and knows 
all defensive options. And sometimes not even coach may not know the play. Well coached and taught and very intelligent system. Koodos to Coach Gillum and Mav QB Martinez! 

Big Walker is at the top of his game right now. 

• Upvote 1

More to come: But we have Noe a Sasquatch Beast not Unleashed tonight. We have always Had a Monster and Moog done his Damage. We have a Spiderman with limited play tonight as well. But We have the States Best QB in Walker Martinez. A QB that is ingenious. To me he's a Doctor with his precision perfection. We have a defense thus far is a Steele curtain; I like to call it the Legion of Doom! Like we had In Seattle

25 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

More to come: But we have Noe a Sasquatch Beast not Unleashed tonight. We have always Had a Monster and Moog done his Damage. We have a Spiderman with limited play tonight as well. But We have the States Best QB in Walker Martinez. A QB that is ingenious. To me he's a Doctor with his precision perfection. We have a defense thus far is a Steele curtain; I like to call it the Legion of Doom! Like we had In Seattle

I hope there is more to come because I didn't understand a word of that. 

I think many of us saw this coming. Like I’ve said all week, Science Hill has no passing game. None. And they could barely run the ball tonight. Anderson County did want whatever they wanted. They’ve got a stout run game and stout passing game. They moved the ball with ease on the Hilltoppers. Martinez, Moog, Miller...just some great players on that Mavs team. 

The Hilltoppers better find a QB before next week, that’s all I can say for them. I’m sorry but their starting QB is awful. He can’t throw the ball and he’s not that impressive running it either. I’m pretty sure his first pass last week was an interception, and his first pass tonight was an interception. If I’m Science Hill I don’t start him again. I was told from a lot of Science Hill people over the summer that the best QB on the roster is the ReSue kid. I know he’s just a freshman and I’m sure the last thing Carter wants to do is start a freshman. But I heard from multiple people over the summer that he’s got the best arm on the team. Take your lumps this year and start him anyway but the Swartz kid just isn’t the guy.

Edited by WBNC83
  • Upvote 1