Greenbrier 0-1 at White House 0-1

BDP2003

One of the states oldest rivalries takes place Thursday night in White House. Both teams are coming off lopsided loses Friday night. The Bobcats are supposed to be as good this year as they’ve been in sometime while the Devils are replacing most of their offense from a year ago. Hopefully some Cats fans will give us their thoughts this week. I’m going WH 21-14. 

As a former Bobcat, I can tell you the Defense is solid. Greenbrier’s Offense is what hurt them against Springfield. Of course, the Yellow Jackets are a really good team and have a stout D. But, the Bobcats turned the ball over inside the Red Zone twice in the 1st Half. Both times were Interceptions. I left at Halftime to head to Bowling Green for the Heritage game. 

The QB for Greenbrier, I think his last name is Arnold is better than what they have had. Arnold can really run for a White Boy. One of the issues is the Offensive Line. It has struggled in all the scrimmages and the 1 game I’ve seen them in. That’s very unusual for a Greenbrier team. We have always had solid Linemen. Since it’s a rivalry, it could be a low scoring game. I don’t know what WH has this season after losing Ranen and others. 

This is a fun rivalry when at least one team is good. I like white house at home cautiously in this one.  Springfield seemed to beat the will out of GB last week and I don't see them rebounding. I heard from one that was in their locker room that several didnt even want to play in the second half last week..true or not i don't know. I do know they suffered some injuries. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:57 PM, Fryinpan66 said:

As a former Bobcat, I can tell you the Defense is solid. Greenbrier’s Offense is what hurt them against Springfield. Of course, the Yellow Jackets are a really good team and have a stout D. But, the Bobcats turned the ball over inside the Red Zone twice in the 1st Half. Both times were Interceptions. I left at Halftime to head to Bowling Green for the Heritage game. 

The QB for Greenbrier, I think his last name is Arnold is better than what they have had. Arnold can really run for a White Boy. One of the issues is the Offensive Line. It has struggled in all the scrimmages and the 1 game I’ve seen them in. That’s very unusual for a Greenbrier team. We have always had solid Linemen. Since it’s a rivalry, it could be a low scoring game. I don’t know what WH has this season after losing Ranen and others. 

QB for Greenbrier (#9) name is Nolan Carson. He literally had to run for his life all night when he dropped back to pass, plays safety on defense and then became their punter after a couple of series when their starting punter had a couple of shanks. This is all in addition to the cross country match he ran during the game from far hash to his sideline to get every play. That being said and with it being warm and early in the season, its no wonder the kid starting cramping towards the end of the game.

#9 may not have the size that others on his team have, but he is the best football player on that team. He's just a Jr and should get some looks from people that know more abt football than you and I.

1 hour ago, FargoStrut said:

QB for Greenbrier (#9) name is Nolan Carson. He literally had to run for his life all night when he dropped back to pass, plays safety on defense and then became their punter after a couple of series when their starting punter had a couple of shanks. This is all in addition to the cross country match he ran during the game from far hash to his sideline to get every play. That being said and with it being warm and early in the season, its no wonder the kid starting cramping towards the end of the game.

#9 may not have the size that others on his team have, but he is the best football player on that team. He's just a Jr and should get some looks from people that know more abt football than you and I.

That’s it! I don’t know why I said Arnold. Nolan has some wheels and I don’t know why they want him running to the sideline to get the play every time. Send a skills player (RB or WR) in with the play. That’s how we used to do it, lol. 

12 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

#9 plays with a TON of heart