Elizabethton @ Greeneville- The Rivalry Continues!

CaliLB

I saw GHS in person last Friday and they are a different animal. I was surprised and walked away impressed. No, there is no Mason Gudger but,….. they are not as 1 or 2 dimensional as they were last year. 
49-0 at half, one could come to the conclusion that Knox Central was pitiful. They are not. They were big and strong and fast and shell shocked. GHS played their 2nds the whole second half. Central will win a few games this year. 
Having said all the above, football is a team game that plays with a ball that nobody knows how it will bounce. Injuries play a part as Betsy knows quite well. It will be a good game.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1

Not sure why Elizabethton isn't going with their Senior QB in the SH game. I heard he didn't finish at the top of the depth chart but when he went in the last couple of years when Rollins was out I thought he did a good job. Completed passes, kept his head etc.  Would like to see what the team looks like with him instead of those younger guys. 

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I saw GHS in person last Friday and they are a different animal. I was surprised and walked away impressed. No, there is no Mason Gudger but,….. they are not as 1 or 2 dimensional as they were last year. 
49-0 at half, one could come to the conclusion that Knox Central was pitiful. They are not. They were big and strong and fast and shell shocked. GHS played their 2nds the whole second half. Central will win a few games this year. 
Having said all the above, football is a team game that plays with a ball that nobody knows how it will bounce. Injuries play a part as Betsy knows quite well. It will be a good game.

Great post!  I wasn’t sure what to expect, but after seeing them play, I was impressed.  Multiple play makers on offense. O-line looked great.  And for the defense, we’ll let’s just say they’d played like they were starving and they got after it in a hurry.  All in all, no drop off from last year and trending upwards.  Yeah it was just one game and still plenty more to be played, but I really like what I saw.  G’s got that look again!  

I do think Greeneville will take this one.

There’s no doubt the Cyclones will continue to get better with Witten at the helm, and I can see them being a strong contender.  I also look for Greene to continue grow as well, and I don’t see that appetite going to go away until they’ve completed their goal.

Edited by Romansfive8

I think we are all in agreement as to what should happen but that's why they play the game on the field and I never count a win until it's played . As everyone else,I think Betsy will grow as the season goes along.I thought Greeneville was going to win another championship last year,but that didn't happen,so as usual,Batman will keep the bragging to a minimum and the hopes at a maximum.

Going to go out on a limb and say Elizabethton 14 Greeneville 42.

Elizabethton needs to figure out their identity offensively over the bye week. Offensively I'm not so sure they wouldn't be more productive using Cade Russell at QB like they did Rollins. Regardless the line has got to be better on both sides of the ball or they will get eaten alive in this next two or three game stretch they have coming up.

Edited by Bleachercreature2020
  • Like 1