Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

22 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I agree wholeheartedly that it’s the most talent that we’ve had in a decade, but unfortunately it takes a lot more than skill players to be a really good team, as we all saw last year. We are very inexperienced and undersized, on both sides of the ball. While I think we have the potential to be very good eventually, predicting a 10-0 season is just premature, at this point. We have a lot to prove before we can start talking like that. Like one poster said up above, let’s just take one game at a time right now. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I’d love for you to be right.

Oak Ridge going 10-0 means beating Powell, Greeneville and Dobyns-Bennett.    Wishing you guys a great season, but I agree with you, 10-0 is probably not happening.

12 hours ago, catswild said:

I actually do believe that OR should be in the state title "conversation" but West will be a formidable opponent as well as Henry County. And you never know who else might be really good over the course of the season, since we've only had one week of football. The type of team that will beat us, will be a team with big, strong dominant linemen coupled with a good QB and adequate skilled players. I hope that team doesn't exist in 5A...but it could be West

Wow I just hope you are close to being right.Ive seen tons of Oak Ridge teams the last 10 years loaded with skill guys but it takes so much more.Our QB has a lot left to prove before I think he is ready to lead us to being in state title convo.We have no idea how our lines will fare vs the great teams.This week will tell us a lot about how far we have come upfront and how much more we have to improve.Heck we had the best WR to play in this state in a long time and couldnt get over the hump.Not to mention he had good skill guys around him.Good news is we get to watch it all play out every week.I just wanna see us improve every week and maybe by playoff time we can compete with the best.After watching the Beardon-West tape Im leaning Beardon right now.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:06 PM, catswild said:

Let me break it down for you...OR has the best running back in the region (Dozier)...OR has the best wide receiver in the region (Heyward)...OR has the best defensive back in the region (Rogers)...OR has the best linebacker in the region (Kelly)...OR has the best kicker in the region (Pearson)...OR has the best punter in the region (Pearson)...OR has the second best running back in the region (Hundley)...OR has the second best wide receiver in the region (Rogers)...OR has the second best defensive back in the region (Heyward)...and I'll bet you you that Farragut, Greenville, DB, don't have anyone better at those positions than the OR players I have listed, but I can't ber sure. Plus, I haven't mentioned Cummings, Williams, and Rembert.  This is the most talented group since 2005...I don't think we'll lose in the regular season, but if we do, it will be because of a very dominant defensive line that we just can't handle or a lack of discipline. I'm not smoking anything...I believe what I'm saying.

OR has the worst QB in the region though & that’s going to be the downfall that’s why 10-0 prediction is mind boggling 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 2011Class said:

OR has the worst QB in the region though & that’s going to be the downfall that’s why 10-0 prediction is mind boggling 

QB 1 Sharpe is not the worst QB in the Region. I don't know who it is but it is not Payton, I remember people wanting Gibbons out and all he did was lead us to State Runner ups.

A few Oak Ridgers need to decide. Is it the OL that cost us 10 - 0 or is it the QB. Before long people will blame it on the cheerleaders. 

Look, 10 - 0 against our schedule is going to be a witch to pull off. If we don't pull it off it isn't anyone's fault. I think 10 - 0 is possible but I also am hopping for 15 - 0.

The best possible thing OR can do is just take it one game at a time. Come December we will know who was the best in Region 5A.

6 hours ago, 2011Class said:

It’ll be interesting to see if #2 will actually start all year. I guess we’ll see, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t. Not saying he’s good or bad, just a personal observation. Also, our QB play doesn’t have to be lights out as long as we have a really good running game and a solid defense. Just needs to make the plays when he needs to, and not get us beat by turning the ball over. OR traditionally has never had stellar QB play, but usually did have guys that played within themselves and ones that limited the mistakes and turnovers to not get us beat. 

8 hours ago, 2011Class said:

Have you seen the QBs from Lenoir City and Campbell County? If so, when did you see them and if not, how can you make such a statement?

Has it been confirmed if Heyward is out or not?

Yes, out. 

This is asinine! #2 played a great game for us in his first start.  And he will improve each week.  I'm happy to have him.