2A Poll 8.23.22

GeneralForrest

13 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

@Salem how many kids did Forrest have out for that scrimmage?  

We had several key starters out in the Macon scrimmage and held our own. Macon has a really good lineman who plays both ways and their scatback #7 is a playmaker. Not a whole lot of other kids who stood out. They would be a solid 2A program and are a good gauge for ER and Forrest. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

We had several key starters out in the Macon scrimmage and held our own. Macon has a really good lineman who plays both ways and their scatback #7 is a playmaker. Not a whole lot of other kids who stood out. They would be a solid 2A program and are a good gauge for ER and Forrest. 

7 ran all over us and 70 was their best lineman.

5 minutes ago, bballfan12121 said:

east robertson not being in top 5 is blasphemy. multiple d1 running backs with isaiah groves and zechariah prince along with multiple d1 talents all across the field on offense and defense will surprise a lot of people this year.

If they have two D1 running backs and multiple other D1 players out there, they should win 2A state championship hands down.  But ended up losing to Macon county?? Somehow I think you are exaggerating the level of their personnel.    

7 minutes ago, bballfan12121 said:

east robertson not being in top 5 is blasphemy. multiple d1 running backs with isaiah groves and zechariah prince along with multiple d1 talents all across the field on offense and defense will surprise a lot of people this year.

Top 5? They didn't make the top 19 in that poll. Relax, if what you're saying is true they will be ranked when it counts. 

11 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

If they have two D1 running backs and multiple other D1 players out there, they should win 2A state championship hands down.  But ended up losing to Macon county?? Somehow I think you are exaggerating the level of their personnel.    

It is exaggerated a bit. Yes East has a POTENTIAL D1 back with some offers. A WR with offers. A sophomore running that could be the best one of them all. He is slowly getting recognized. A junior WR SS that will get a lot offers but has been hurt. To my acknowledge just knowing Springfield and East I don’t know if any linemen at East with offers. There is a few at Springfield. So yes a little exaggeration there

On 8/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, GeneralForrest said:
Division I - Class 2A
School Record      Total Points
1. Westview (8) 0-1             ?
2. Hampton (1) 1-0 80
3. Marion County (1) 1-0 76
4. Meigs County 1-0 74
5. Forrest 1-0 69
6. Tyner Academy (1) 1-0 49
7. Union City 1-0 47
8. Riverside (1) 1-0 45
9. Huntingdon 0-1 35
10. Watertown 0-1 31

Others receiving votes: Harpeth 13. Lewis County 11. Loretto 11. Trousdale County 8. Oneida 4. Freedom Prep 4. Rockwood 3. Monterey 3. Bledsoe County 2.

23 hours ago, Wildcard1 said:

I agree that Riverside will probably be a contender again this year. I'll even go out on a limb and stir the pot by saying that I think Lewis County could be a sleeper now that they have a new coach. Thoughts?

23 hours ago, Salem said:

They were sleeping through much of the Community game. 

23 hours ago, wholder said:

LC struggled last week against a very poor Community team and almost lost. This week they play Fayetteville which will show a bit more about what they have or don't

:roflol:Time will tell all!!

I think LC has always been a ground and pound team but, I think the new Coach will bring some balance. The teams is probably adjusting to a new game philosophy! Like I said, time will tell. It's still very early.

23 hours ago, wholder said:

Very correct on time will tell. 28-22 win against a team that's typically horrible is hard for me to put any stock in right now. Season is very early though

Agreed! My thoughts are that the coach has given them some new plays to learn and they are not there yet. Or this is an off year for them. Either way its going to be a fun year to watch. 

Is it just me or did anyone else notice there is a team which is inconspicuously absent from this poll? I mean a team which has ALWAYS been ranked at the beginning of each season for, like, the pst three decades.

In a positive note, Page came in ranked #1 in 5A.

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Is it just me or did anyone else notice there is a team which is inconspicuously absent from this poll? I mean a team which has ALWAYS been ranked at the beginning of each season for, like, the pst three decades.

In a positive note, Page came in ranked #1 in 5A.

OK I'll Bite! Who?