Marion County Warriors @ Tyner Rams

TheAnomaly

11 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Just keeping it real, if Condra didn’t get hurt against Sequatchie , Marion would have won period now against Tyner it would have been a different game not saying Marion would won just saying one player does make a difference. Ask the Sequatchie and Marion fans. That’s for real 

I hate that your son was injured.  I am hoping for a speedy recovery for that young man. As for Dade.. I’m pretty sure they lost most of their starters last season off their best team in memory. Jasper will win this one. 

13 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Ehhhhhhh if you say so. I don't think you guys can make your mind up. Everybody knows we have talent, even though the majority of it is quite young. If you are saying having the team leader go down for the season shouldn't have an impact, then we will just have to agree to disagree. 

As far as the shot at Starkey, I'm the type that doesn't believe it helps our situation by getting on here and bashing him. I will give my constructive criticism from time to time, but I'm not going to call for his head publicly after 2 games. 

I really don’t think it’s a shot at starkey tbh, he can’t coach every position. The place hasn’t been the same since Ross. 

• Upvote 1

Figure Old Pirate needs to point out the the obvious lingering fact most are clueless. Theys Talent, then they “potential” talent. Recon theys a HEEP need to recognize the vast difference. Mr. Webster would be a great starting place. Secondly the Condra kid is indirectly getting blamed for the “Team’s failures. Condra is not Superman, Nor a Westmoreland. Jasper’s failure involves the team concept top to bottom. OP’s point is simple, team sports success or failure is a collectively measured on all contributors. BTw, to address the Coach Pruitt issue, OP was never a fan but respected the lifetime body of work. Make No Mistake, the record to date would be different AND the record yet captured would most like more favorable. Jasper continues to seek the short cut to Glory, as evidence in the swinging door syndrome. Far too many metaling parents pushing for quick fixes throughout the complete athletic program. Vernon served, Yep Recon! “When Does Potential transfer to Talent, how is true talent judged & confined,  Not by grade school successes. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

23 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

I disagree , and even more so next year, it depends on how there QB develops, most teams are only as good as the QB in the spread.  They don’t have walters but they have a Pickett and Wilson and they average about 270lb up front lol 

They have and had a lot of talent the last two years. They can use whatever excuses they want but the last few years talent hasn't been the problem 

1 hour ago, oneyewilly said:

They have and had a lot of talent the last two years. They can use whatever excuses they want but the last few years talent hasn't been the problem 

Old Pirate got to wondering, How do you determine talent? This skillet head is mostly left scratching the head. Jest what, how or where does a feller loosely throw around the phrase “Talented” what, where is the standard for talented?    OP says the phrase is Opinion (a view / judgement formed about something, Not necessarily based on Fact OR Knowledge.     On the grand scope, “talented” comes in an wide assortment of degrees. The Question remains, “HOW & WHERE “ is the standard to justify the phrase? 

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate got to wondering, How do you determine talent? This skillet head is mostly left scratching the head. Jest what, how or where does a feller loosely throw around the phrase “Talented” what, where is the standard for talented?    OP says the phrase is Opinion (a view / judgement formed about something, Not necessarily based on Fact OR Knowledge.     On the grand scope, “talented” comes in an wide assortment of degrees. The Question remains, “HOW & WHERE “ is the standard to justify the phrase? 

Op I agree that the phrase is based on Opinion and it is MY opinion that Jasper has/had above average talent the past few years for 2a football.  I also agree there are different degrees of talent. Has Jasper had the level of talent as Baylor, Mccallie, or what CCS has this year....no but based on MY view / judgement based on watching both Jasper and a lot of other high school football programs for many years it is my opinion that Jasper has/had above average talent for 2a football. 

10 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

I really don’t think it’s a shot at starkey tbh, he can’t coach every position. The place hasn’t been the same since Ross. 

Starkey is the head man, who is responsible for all of his assistants. Saying they are not getting it done x and o wise ultimately lands on him. 

I agree with powerp that the talent level hasn't quite been what it was when Ross and zeman/Walter's bunch was here. But it's been good enough to compete. 

Just because a team has size doesn't mean anything if they don't use it, or capitalize on it. If you kept up with us last year on the boards, a couple of us posters stated several times that our lines on both sides of the ball didn't have enough of a mean streak like they should. 

OP, there's only been 1 Eric Westmorland and it will likely stay that way for quite a long time. Condra was the bell cow for this team and losing him hurt this team big time. 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:48 PM, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion has problems that go far beyond just losing your FB. I’m not picking a side with Marion and South Pitt but the defense is just very bad. South Pitt lost 3 big time cats on the D Line and Kelly along with probably a few others and their D held Sequatchie to 6. This week Tyner was pretty vanilla compared to what I had heard they were going to do but some of that might’ve been scrapped after they jumped up on y’all.  I hope you guys turn it around because I look foolish for picking y’all early to maybe represent the East but right now the gap is far and wide. One thing is for sure y’all definitely have the talent. It is GLARING kinfolk so tell them to keep their heads up. The East really needs Marion to be good because there isn’t much else at all unless Westmoreland is the real deal but I will believe that one when I see it. I’m just keeping it real 

Tyrone, let me keep it real with you, if the seasoned posters with any semblance of a working functional brain believe there is any truth to your predictions, then maybe it is time for them to step away from the keyboard. 

Feel free to post until your heart is content though. It's a free country after all ;)

15 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Starkey is the head man, who is responsible for all of his assistants. Saying they are not getting it done x and o wise ultimately lands on him. 

I agree with powerp that the talent level hasn't quite been what it was when Ross and zeman/Walter's bunch was here. But it's been good enough to compete. 

JUST BECAUSE A TEAM HAS SIZE DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING IF THEY DINT USE IT, OR CAPITALIZE ON IT. If you kept up with us last year on the boards, a couple of us posters stated several times that our lines on both sides of the ball didn't have enough of a mean streak like they should. 

OP, there's only been 1 Eric Westmorland and it will likely stay that way for quite a long time. Condra was the bell cow for this team and losing him hurt this team big time. 

See caps lock, I think with your backfield minus condra it still shouldn’t matter imo