AP 1A TOP 10 8/30/22

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Still think Moore Co is a sleeper to watch as the season goes on with a talented QB. Desden is good but to what standard of good because they aren't a better team than Mckenzie, City, or Peabody. Whose got the info on this MASE team? Heard brought in some guys but are they a true threat to the City,Mckenzie, and Peabody?

Right now the worst thing any of us could do is overlook the Lions ! They are more complete than a banged up Tide and imo Line play is way ahead of the Lions” right now” and City all be it talented is earily like a Memphis area team ,talented but lack discipline yearly ! We all have chinks in the armor so to speak ! Right now I would put it as follows in the west

1 City

2 rebels

3 Dresden

4 Tide

5 Memphis 1 A all stars

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Right now the worst thing any of us could do is overlook the Lions ! They are more complete than a banged up Tide and imo Line play is way ahead of the Lions” right now” and City all be it talented is earily like a Memphis area team ,talented but lack discipline yearly ! We all have chinks in the armor so to speak ! Right now I would put it as follows in the west

1 City

2 rebels

3 Dresden

4 Tide

5 Memphis 1 A all stars

Love it the Memphis all-stars lol. I agree on the City take it finally caught up to them last year. I'm not discrediting Dresden but I just think when push comes to shove down the line they lack a couple of difference makers if they was in the East I think they would have one heck of a shot at making it to the ship but they have a tall hill to get over in the west. 

17 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

Love it the Memphis all-stars lol. I agree on the City take it finally caught up to them last year. I'm not discrediting Dresden but I just think when push comes to shove down the line they lack a couple of difference makers if they was in the East I think they would have one heck of a shot at making it to the ship but they have a tall hill to get over in the west. 

Don’t we all in the west bro ! 

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

1 City

2 rebels

3 Dresden

4 Tide

5 Memphis 1 A all stars

1. CITY

2. Rebs, Peabody, Lions

3. Memphis 1A all stars.

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

PHS right now isnt on level with the Rebs, I get our line is probably the best in 1A but too many youngsters have a lot to prove going forward

I have to respectfully disagree. I think right now PHS and Dresden D-Lines will be able to put pressure on the Rebs just like SP did last yr. I watched their game against Chester Co on NFHS and I also think they could have trouble against a power running game that goes right at them - plus their leading tackler from last year has yet to see the field not sure if he is even playing. I just think it is real even b/w the 3 right now. 

MASE out of Memphis is the real deal. They do play a weak schedule however. If they have got all their stuff together with all the transfers and the TSSAA says it's all legal then they will be a big problem for teams in the west. From my understanding they have 17 starters and the coach from MAHS. MAHS gave Martin Westview their toughest game in the quarterfinals last year. I know they scrimmaged Whitehaven who is a traditional 6A power and went toe to toe with them. I know it's just a scrimmage but if they can stay on the field with them I would say they are dangerous.

25 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

MASE out of Memphis is the real deal. They do play a weak schedule however. If they have got all their stuff together with all the transfers and the TSSAA says it's all legal then they will be a big problem for teams in the west. From my understanding they have 17 starters and the coach from MAHS. MAHS gave Martin Westview their toughest game in the quarterfinals last year. I know they scrimmaged Whitehaven who is a traditional 6A power and went toe to toe with them. I know it's just a scrimmage but if they can stay on the field with them I would say they are dangerous.

Well we all know TSSAA loves to close their eyes when it comes to schools from Memphis so wouldn't be shocked to see it be "legal". Been wondering about this team and insight on them. Toe to toe with Whitehaven is note worthy for sure. 

51 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Memphis gets a pass on the TSSAA every year in all sports.I agree if they let this group play till the end they may just take it all.