Powell / Karns

HTV

As a fan of both schools (having been a teacher at Powell for 47 years and having a granddaughter at Karns), this had to be one of the most exciting games I have been to (not counting the State Championship game last year). Large fan support by both teams, neither team giving up, huge mistakes by both teams - both teams were up two touchdowns during the game. In the final analysis, Powell’s defense and running game came up big. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Well after falling behind 21-7, Powell outscores Karns 35-7 the rest of the way, despite having four less possessions.

Nice bounce back by the Panthers.

I missed the game but just saw Powell wasn’t using #11 or #9. Kind of feel bad for karns because this is probably the best team they have had in some time.

42 minutes ago, highschoolfbfan777 said:

Powell isn’t very good & yet still beat Karns.

Not sure I'd call them "not very good" at this point. They haven't played a game yet that all their pieces were on the table (so to speak). IMO if they get everyone playing, it's still them and West in the semis.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Not sure I'd call them "not very good" at this point. They haven't played a game yet that all their pieces were on the table (so to speak). IMO if they get everyone playing, it's still them and West in the semis.

Not to mention the two teams they lost to have a good chance of going undefeated this year and making a run in the playoffs 

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I picked Karns due to the fact Potts would be missing but did play after all. That's a gutsy decision after that injury two weeks before to come back this early. All I can say is the one's from my day that done something like that are all now permanently crippled from it. 

I'm surprised that he played, especially with their three best WRs out. He didn't throw it much though, and didn't need to. Powell ran it all over Karns. The only reason the game was close was all of the onside kicks that Karns recovered. I lost count, but I think the Beavers had four more possessions than Powell in this game.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm surprised that he played, especially with their three best WRs out. He didn't throw it much though, and didn't need to. Powell ran it all over Karns. The only reason the game was close was all of the onside kicks that Karns recovered. I lost count, but I think the Beavers had four more possessions than Powell in this game.

How long will the Powell receivers be out? Haven’t seen much of #9 Redmond really at all