South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

I was talking to this man at foodland this morning and he said this Watson mans team  won a championship like that stone man and little grider man did last year.  Instead of doing spring training last year they played a regular season in the spring and fall.  That stone man gave our boys most of the spring off.   You think im joking but im not.

Just now, Roy Dillard said:

I was talking to this man at foodland this morning and he said this Watson mans team  won a championship like that stone man and little grider man did last year.  Instead of doing spring training last year they played a regular season in the spring and fall.  That stone man gave our boys most of the spring off.   You think im joking but im not.

Roy this Watson man's team has won a bunch of championships 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Roy, I believe that Murphy Watson man lost in the 4th round of the playoffs last year. He won the championship in the spring the year before.

Either way, they've won a lot of championships over there.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
I can't type

6 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Roy, I believe that Murphy Watson man lost in the 4th round of the playoffs last year. He won the championship in the spring the year before.

https://cherokeenc.fetchyournews.com/2022/08/09/team-effort-will-be-key-for-the-murphy-bulldog-football-team-this-fall/

Looks like they have some big boys!Watson took over for the winningest coach in NC in 2021.

Edited by orngnblk

We won the 20/21championship in the spring of '21 because NC didn't have a fall season that year.  Coach Gentry retired after that season and Watson took over in Fall of 21.  We did get put out in the 4th round last fall

Like with any new coach we've had our growing pains.  You don't just replace the winningest coach in NC and a majority of his staff and not miss a beat. Especially with only 2 months before fall ball started.

As for this seasons team, we lost a lot of skill kids to graduation and are still trying to find our identity.  Couple that with a long bus ride and I think SP wins this one comfortably. 

Edited by mhs95

I can’t take much from Lookout Valley game. South Pitt looks to have a pretty good offense. Defense might get whipped in this one though and keep them off the field. Murphy is known to be extremely physical in the run game. If South Pitt can hit some big plays in passing they can get the W but that’s a big IF. With a new QB and this early in the season I will pick the team with the power run game. If this one was toward the end I would pick the Pirates. Murphy by 7. I’m just keeping it real

1 hour ago, mhs95 said:

We won the 20/21championship in the spring of '21 because NC didn't have a fall season that year.  Coach Gentry retired after that season and Watson took over in Fall of 21.  We did get put out in the 4th round last fall

Like with any new coach we've had our growing pains.  You don't just replace the winningest coach in NC and a majority of his staff and not miss a beat. Especially with only 2 months before fall ball started.

As for this seasons team, we lost a lot of skill kids to graduation and are still trying to find our identity.  Couple that with a long bus ride and I think SP wins this one comfortably. 

I have family in the Hayesville area and they to said this team is not like the Murphy teams of past.Im going to agree with you but I'm saying 14 to 21.SP skill players are tough.

1 hour ago, mhs95 said:

I wish we could have played in Murphy last year. I was looking forward to the trip.

I know you had to replace the North Carolina version of Gary Rankin, but Watson was coaching alongside him for a long time. I'd say he's more than up to the task.

Good luck to you guys on Friday and safe travels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhs95 said:

Sp has a very young inexperienced team this year as well this one should be a good ballgame. You guys have played in a lot big games. I think Murphy will be fired up come Friday. 

7 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

DS I garuntee that man at foodland said that gentry man played an extra season in the spring and won another championship before he quit like Grider did.  Then that Watson man took over but he did not play a season this spring.  You think im joking but im not.