Hardin County @ USJ

Tigersandcats

Caught a few series of the Hardin/South Side game on YouTube and seems like that one may have been a little closer played than the score would indicate. Impressed by Hardin’s size and execution in the passing game. For this game, probably too much Hardin County this year, especially as USJ has a key injury up front. 

I do think USJ can hang around and keep this close if they limit the unforced mistakes on defense and execute better in the passing game. Can’t give a good offense extra downs and have to be able to pitch and catch a bit against bigger teams to keep them honest. Last few years USJ typically has a disappointing early season loss that they bounce back from, so hoping to see some improvement all around from the Union City game. Wouldn’t shock me if this one is closer than people think.

35 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Caught a few series of the Hardin/South Side game on YouTube and seems like that one may have been a little closer played than the score would indicate. Impressed by Hardin’s size and execution in the passing game. For this game, probably too much Hardin County this year, especially as USJ has a key injury up front. 

I do think USJ can hang around and keep this close if they limit the unforced mistakes on defense and execute better in the passing game. Can’t give a good offense extra downs and have to be able to pitch and catch a bit against bigger teams to keep them honest. Last few years USJ typically has a disappointing early season loss that they bounce back from, so hoping to see some improvement all around from the Union City game. Wouldn’t shock me if this one is closer than people think.

I haven't watched film on either, or really kept close tabs on scores to make a comparison...having said that, I have stood on the sideline and watched Hardin County in person. Going to take a monumental effort from the Bruins to stay in the game with the Tigers just from the perspective of their size, speed, strength, and depth. Coaching and heart always figures into the outcome of games, but USJ has a lot to deal with in this one.

3 hours ago, Kublah said:

SS definitely give HC trouble at times in that game. Reader brought the house all night on D as expected and had success at times. #23 for SS is a player. But that’s high risk D to play on HC cause they’ll make you pay downfield.  I think HC ended up with about 600 yards total offense. The first team D for HC did give up two scores to SS. But honestly some of there chunk plays were sprung on blatant holding calls that I don’t know how were not seen.  

But for this game coming up, I think it should be competitive. USJ always come to play!  I hate to hear about injuries. Feel really bad for these guys that put the work in and end up sidelined with a injury. Hope he can make a quick recovery.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:35 AM, Kublah said:

Can you buy ticket at the gate at USJ or have to go online?

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Gotta tip my cap to USJ...play like this the rest of the season, and the gold ball might finally find it's way to Jackson.

Very good chance they move to D2-AA next season. Also, the gold ball in football has already found its way to Jackson back in 2006 with JCS. 

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1