Why no post on Knoxville Catholic.

BarneySox2007

21 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I think KC would be in the mix if they still hard Martin, Winton, and Lively.  Those transfers hurt in my opinion.  They were/are excellent players.  You are right- OL/DL is huge in the division which is why MBA is rolling.  

@JRB corrected me on my post about KC vs Baylor and PJP.  He loves to point out my mistakes!:thumb:

With Martin and Lively they definitely would be better.  Winton didn't transfer but graduated and signed with ETSU 

48 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Catholic has enough money to travel.  Alcoa used to have to play teams in Kentucky every year to fill their schedule but they never played Chuckey-Doak or South Greene.   Did the student section matter against those teams for KC?  What a joke

Those teams are willing to play, when you play region games in Chattanooga and Nashville, why should they travel to Kentucky? All my kids attended Knoxville Catholic and played sports.  There is this misconception that there is this unlimited financial resources.... there isn't.  

18 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I stand corrected! Like I said, I don’t follow this division that close. Thanks.

They didn't win it all since Catholic joined the Private School Division.  Those championship teams were when they were still playing public 4a Football and 5a Football (It was the 2015 Catholic Team not 2016 in 4a and the 2017 not the 2018 in 5a)

22 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Knox Catholic won titles in 2016 and 2018 under Steve Matthews.  2017 team lost 1 game on the field (had to forfeit a game). Some relevance

You have your years off by one each way.  2015 and 2017 team won State Championships.  The 2016 team is the one that lost one game on the field against Fulton a team they beat in the regular season but Fulton put it on them the 2nd time around winning by 19 at Catholic in the 2nd round 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They didn't win it all since Catholic joined the Private School Division.  Those championship teams were when they were still playing public 4a Football and 5a Football (It was the 2015 Catholic Team not 2016 in 4a and the 2017 not the 2018 in 5a)

Swipes you are correct sir, I should have known that...since my son played on the 2015 team. Old age lol.  It's been an adjustment moving to D2.  Like i stated in a previous post, I think the difference is the OL and DL. 

21 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Those teams are willing to play, when you play region games in Chattanooga and Nashville, why should they travel to Kentucky? All my kids attended Knoxville Catholic and played sports.  There is this misconception that there is this unlimited financial resources.... there isn't.  

Have you seen Sacred Heart?  We both know that the church has deep pockets.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:27 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

No one seems to talk about Knoxville Catholic this year. Is it because they played two schools first that should be more suited to play Greenback or after the Baylor game you would think someone would say something. Maybe those conversations are only limited to the men's locker room at The Cherokee Country Club. 

there is a post Barney

Booger just sayin :huh:

• 2 weeks later...