Why no post on Knoxville Catholic.

BarneySox2007

8 hours ago, LouPickney said:

It appears as if it will be another 0 and whatever for Father Ryan in region play.  Again don’t blame the coaching staff until both the Board of Trust and administration are held accountable.  They are the ones that have allowed the program to become disgraceful on their watch.  

16 minutes ago, JRB said:

If true then why did you start the thread?

Maryville played Catholic in a scrimmage this fall in a game like situation and I did hear two of their best players didn't play which was a pretty good scrimmage for both teams exposing each others weaknesses. Just wanted to get a fill of what their fans thought. I am not crazy about the private school setup and nothing against Catholic but their having to run long distances to play schools we're not familiar with in East Tennessee.  I was a GCA fan with having a family member playing for them six years ago but the same holds true with them also. I can't get into those schools and even where their from because their not from this area. I hate to google a school on the schedule especially a couple of them, rather wait until week 4 of the playoffs for that.

Edited by BarneySox2007

14 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

How did T$$AA crap it all up.

Big Time I think the multiplier rule was sufficient for the most part of the private schools especially the smaller ones. A lot of great rivalries were destroyed out of that leaving a lot of them on long bus rides to play teams like Father Knows Best. T$$AA should of set different levels of the multiplier rule based on what they were offering kids to come there. Most of those schools don't have an athlete on campus to put up with that much scrutiny.

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Big Time I think the multiplier rule was sufficient for the most part of the private schools especially the smaller ones. A lot of great rivalries were destroyed out of that leaving a lot of them on long bus rides to play teams like Father Knows Best. T$$AA should of set different levels of the multiplier rule based on what they were offering kids to come there. Most of those schools don't have an athlete on campus to put up with that much scrutiny.

Why can’t Maryville schedule Knox Catholic?  Maryville only has 5 region games.  As Purple Panther mentioned, by adding KC it screwed up the schedules for the D2-AAA schools in Nashville (MBA, Father Ryan, BA, Pope and Ensworth) as we now have to travel to Knoxville/Chattanooga or Memphis to round out region play.

If only there were athletes at Baylor, McCallie, Lipscomb, MBA, etc.

28 minutes ago, JRB said:

Why can’t Maryville schedule Knox Catholic?  Maryville only has 5 region games.  As Purple Panther mentioned, by adding KC it screwed up the schedules for the D2-AAA schools in Nashville (MBA, Father Ryan, BA, Pope and Ensworth) as we now have to travel to Knoxville/Chattanooga or Memphis to round out region play.

If only there were athletes at Baylor, McCallie, Lipscomb, MBA, etc.

Wished I could tell you, I can't even convince them to grill hamburgers like you guys do or some of the other great places we have visited over the years. 

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Check out the history of Friendship Christian in Middle Tennessee. They won many championships as a private school playing in the public before the split. Some years  at the state champion games the private schools won more over all championships than the public's when they were still allowed to play public with the multiplier. Then there was CAK and CPA who won state titles as public's. I don't think the T$$AA messed up with the multiplier. They messed other things up though.