When will the Mavericks get respect?

olecotton

2 minutes ago, Moogitonover said:

How is Rhea County bad? Rhea County beats Mo-West

Never said Rhea was Bad.  Rhea hasn't played Mo-West this year. And first hand I have seen a scary Team in Mo-West that's big and fast and out to prove a point this year.  I will never underestimate a team by their record.  It's always the heart of the players and Coaching Staff.  Sure the Devils need to clean a few things up.  I'm sure the Mavs need to also.  So I will leave this right here.  The Devils will continue to work hard and I hope the Mavs does too.  And when it comes down to it may the best Team win.  Go DEVILS!!!!!!!

The Mavs had 3 consecutive possessions with turnovers on the 1st play of the drive in the third Qtr.  This gave the ball to Rhea deep in AC territory and to RC’s credit they scored three times. Along with a pick 6 , that’s 28 points off turnovers. I’ve seen AC fold in the past facing  less adversity. Once the turnovers stopped , the Mavs scored 20 points in 5  minutes to win. Rhea is better than their record and will continue to get better. If the Mavs don’t beat themselves with turnovers and penalties  they will be hard to deal with down the road.  

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Rhea isn't a bad team just young and rebuilding so not up to previous years team and you had to come from behind to win.  Thats debatably and Mo- West stayed in the top 10 in 5A.  Question for you, does this mean McMinn County is better than the Mavs since they did beat Rhea the week before 43-14 and it wasn't even close?

Swipes if you know anything about football once you get a jump like McMinn County then its usually is over for a team. No momentum and comebacks are few and far between. Mavs did it SH and Powell. It's hard to overcome so much so quick. So Rhea had experienced this and then with 4 Mav turnovers and then win. All in all That was dramatic win. Championship teams this year find a way to win in adversity. Enjoy what you think the Mavs aren't but be prepared to see the Dream Team, soon.

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Swipes if you know anything about football once you get a jump like McMinn County then its usually is over for a team. No momentum and comebacks are few and far between. Mavs did it SH and Powell. It's hard to overcome so much so quick. So Rhea had experienced this and then with 4 Mav turnovers and then win. All in all That was dramatic win. Championship teams this year find a way to win in adversity. Enjoy what you think the Mavs aren't but be prepared to see the Dream Team, soon.

No one said thats its not hard to overcome getting points put on you quickly (Your Mavs did in Ballards Junior year but Greeneville overcame that and beat the Mavs). Championship teams every year have to overcome adversity so stop trying to make it sound like it's a "this year thing".  Listen Mavsinflight i know AC has a good team they have had good teams in the past too, everyone on these boards is just tired of AC supporting thinking they are the greatest thing in TN football when in all actuality they haven't done diddly squat EVER.   You are all setting yourself up to catch all the heat if they don't win it all with how much the AC faithful have ran their mouth about "Greatest Show on Turf" or "When are we going to get respect".

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

No one said thats its not hard to overcome getting points put on you quickly (Your Mavs did in Ballards Junior year but Greeneville overcame that and beat the Mavs). Championship teams every year have to overcome adversity so stop trying to make it sound like it's a "this year thing".  Listen Mavsinflight i know AC has a good team they have had good teams in the past too, everyone on these boards is just tired of AC supporting thinking they are the greatest thing in TN football when in all actuality they haven't done diddly squat EVER.   You are all setting yourself up to catch all the heat if they don't win it all with how much the AC faithful have ran their mouth about "Greatest Show on Turf" or "When are we going to get respect".

Not all of us. I call it like I see it.  I remember Stanton Martin,  a dual threat qb,  getting his knee blown up at GV and the crowd cheering it. That happened.  

But, injuries are part of the game. 

AC coaches play tight against GV and I think the players react to that.  Until AC beats GV and wins it all they wont get the monkey off the back.  

Many of our fans on here are delusional,  arrogant or both.  IMO the admin and some of the fans at AC are TOO invested.  They forget its supposed to be about the kids.  What lessons are we teaching them? It's OK for football players to be treated differently,  especially if they are really good? I promise you the other kids at the school see it.  What does it say about these fans that are ok with that?  To me its no different than the GV fans (it wasn't all of them but it wasn't just a few)  that cheered when our guy got hurt.  If that's the way you want to win,  what good is it?

I want us to beat GV with them at their best.  Could this be the year,  IDK, maybe.  This isn't the best team either one have had in recent years but they're both still decent.  

MIF is the exception.  It takes a while to figure out his attitude towards stuff but he isn't mean about it, just in good fun.  Some of our other fans are just insecure AHs. 

Edited by FormerMav
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Not all of us. I call it like I see it.  I remember Stanton Martin,  a dual threat qb,  getting his knee blown up at GV and the crowd cheering it. That happened.  

But, injuries are part of the game. 

AC coaches play tight against GV and I think the players react to that.  Until AC beats GV and wins it all they wont get the monkey off the back.  

Many of our fans on here are delusional,  arrogant or both.  IMO the admin and some of the fans at AC are TOO invested.  They forget its supposed to be about the kids.  What lessons are we teaching them? It's OK for football players to be treated differently,  especially if they are really good? I promise you the other kids at the school see it.  What does it say about these fans that are ok with that?  To me its no different than the GV fans (it wasn't all of them but it wasn't just a few)  that cheered when our guy got hurt.  If that's the way you want to win,  what good is it?

I want us to beat GV with them at their best.  Could this be the year,  IDK, maybe.  This isn't the best team either one have had in recent years but they're both still decent.  

MIF is the exception.  It takes a while to figure out his attitude towards stuff but he isn't mean about it, just in good fun.  Some of our other fans are just insecure AHs. 

No FM I really do it all in fun. Set back and laugh. But what is important is a lot what you say and it's common sense too. And very very true that Team with Martin is stii the best until proven. I never heard about the situation of some fans laughing. I want to believe as a whole the Mav fans would not react that way but I am not sure. Certainly not when I came to all of my Nephew's (Davey) games, and some after he was Coach. I would hear a sudden silence either team getting hurt. I get on here once a year for the football and each year I eat crow. So another year is going by and we will see if the Mavs do it this year. But in the playoffs I have to brag because it may be our last game of the year. So I will let lose hoping I eat turkey for this holiday. Hang in there FM I beginning understand it. :thumb:

Edited by Mavericksinflight

Mavs #17 super top 25 state (note: Tennessean news) Still have Greeneville ahead of us. We did move up so can't say no respect and it's better than last week. Super top 25 list has some good teams so I am being Thankful too and IMO we are moving up fast.

MaxPrep website website is closer to the real thing. In there super top #25 among all Classifications they have the Mavs #8 Very Impressive and Greeneville at #22. Incidentally they have Alcoa at #6. Maxprep website is nationwide/statewide and they trend to be more in tune over the years because they rarely have the Mavs even ranked in top 25 over the best good years of the Mavs. I will take #8 in the whole state for this week.

Edited by Mavericksinflight