Greenback Travels to the Wonderful,Wonderful World of OZ

orngnblk

Ok where to begin? The fact we lost is not what really makes me mad. What makes me mad is the way we lost. No fire whatsoever by our head coach you see your team get several bad calls don’t question any of them. Leave 6 timeouts on the board, is there a new rule that I haven’t heard of where you can carry them over for another game? This was supposed to be a head coach that was hired because he was a certified strength and conditioning but you can’t prove it by the way we are getting pushed around. This is the first time our boys were losing their head and running their mouth and it cost us. Oliver Springs took us to the woodshed tonight and made us like it. They wanted it more than we did. Yes I know the refs were terrible, but when your players  are cussing them and running their mouth they get what they deserve. I am not saying that all the refs call were right. But that’s the game and yes I hate it as much as everyone else. I know I am going to make people mad with this post but this is the way I see it. Our coaches need to show some fire and that they have our players back. We can not win when we allow 200 yards rushing versus 104, we are better than that. We were told that we had a kid out again due to grades. I’m sorry that this happened again but I think it’s great that the school or TSSAA is finally doing this. They have to understand that the school work has to come first and you only hurt yourself and your teammates when you do tings the wrong way. The only thing I don’t agree with is they should not be allowed on the sidelines with the team. They have to learn that you have consequences for the choices they make and have to live with them. We also have to work on our turnovers we cannot and will not win when we have 5 -2 turnover ratio. Again I’m not trying to make people mad just calling it the way I see it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We also have to hold on to the ball!!CF was laughing at us.

No laughing here, to much respect for guys to do that, I just hoping to see you all get things resolved soon as possible.  

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

No laughing here, to much respect for guys to do that, I just hoping to see you all get things resolved soon as possible.  

Rt the defense plays hard and keeps us in the games with the 2 exceptions of the private schools.We turned OS over and over.Our inability to move the ball downfield successfully puts them in a terrible position and their on the field too long.We moved the ball but then fumble,fumble,fumble and I will give credit the kids are running hard but ball security is everything !That is not the coaches fault.BUT when things are going South you have to have something to adjust too and it took us WAAAAY to long to do that.Folks may think we are against #6----NO WAY the kid is an athlete that can helps us in other offensive ways.The freshman #3 is a pure QB and reminds me of Bryce Hanley his Freshman year,he doesn't have his wheels but he sees the field and plays with confidence.The other thing is our childish cussing rants that in my opinion has no place on a high school team or field.We have always had respect from teams and folks all over and that mess is embarrassing.We have plenty of players to win that game comfortably but we got took to the woodshed as GFD posted.We more than likely wont make the playoffs like we are playing right now.I will say this to not try to correct GFDs post but our D coordinator was doing his best to get the offense pumped up on more than one occasion but I agree with the rest of his assessment of the guy in charge I would have never known he was there.I usually dont wear out the refs in this game we got whipped first and foremost BUT they called a pass behind the WR a fumble when unless I see other it was clearly an incomplete FORWARD pass.The refs called a first down without a measurement when WITHOUT a doubt it was a half yard or more short.It was directly in front of us is why I say clearly.AGAIN we got beat on the field but I would like to see more fighting for a good call.Congrats to OS for winning the game.

I know this is mostly GB dominated forum but I have to say I was really impressed with OS last night. It was my first game watching them in person and I couldn’t say or hear better things about this new coach than what I saw and heard last night from their fans and parents.

A physical football team with a game plan to win a Football game. Offensively they do not play the prettiest style, but they executed a plan all night. The way Coach Harper stayed with his game plan when things weren’t clicking was maybe most impressive to me. A young coach that don’t jump around trying new things is not something you don’t see.  Those 2 freshman running backs (3 & 17) are going to be real players, especially #3. I’m going to also add that he stuck with a game plan after losing his best running back #25 after warm-ups is what one of the parents told me.

The OS defense was special too. 5 Freshman and 5 more sophomores started on that unit and I thought they got after it all night. That DL unit is a group of men! The coaches have a fire on the sideline and I believe that translates onto the field with how the kids play for them. 

This is in no way a negative post towards GB but more a positive towards OS. I thought GB kids played really hard, but looked out manned and schemed at times last night. It was a really physical game both ways and for the most part, I thought both teams did a good job playing between the whistles. I know GB is a proud program with a great football tradition and I’m sure while they go through the hard side of the ebbs and flows of talent pools and/or coaching regimes like pretty much all 1A schools do, they will be back at some point in a big way. 

51 minutes ago, SuperFan1 said:

I know this is mostly GB dominated forum but I have to say I was really impressed with OS last night. It was my first game watching them in person and I couldn’t say or hear better things about this new coach than what I saw and heard last night from their fans and parents.

A physical football team with a game plan to win a Football game. Offensively they do not play the prettiest style, but they executed a plan all night. The way Coach Harper stayed with his game plan when things weren’t clicking was maybe most impressive to me. A young coach that don’t jump around trying new things is not something you don’t see.  Those 2 freshman running backs (3 & 17) are going to be real players, especially #3. I’m going to also add that he stuck with a game plan after losing his best running back #25 after warm-ups is what one of the parents told me.

The OS defense was special too. 5 Freshman and 5 more sophomores started on that unit and I thought they got after it all night. That DL unit is a group of men! The coaches have a fire on the sideline and I believe that translates onto the field with how the kids play for them. 

This is in no way a negative post towards GB but more a positive towards OS. I thought GB kids played really hard, but looked out manned and schemed at times last night. It was a really physical game both ways and for the most part, I thought both teams did a good job playing between the whistles. I know GB is a proud program with a great football tradition and I’m sure while they go through the hard side of the ebbs and flows of talent pools and/or coaching regimes like pretty much all 1A schools do, they will be back at some point in a big way. 

I can't argue with anything you had to post they did exactly what they needed to do to win.

I want to be clear on something as well. OnB mentioned and I want to be clear as well. Nothing I’ve said is meant as a negative towards Greenbacks #6. The kid it a tremendous athlete that’s a weapon anywhere on the field and I’m certainly not suggesting he shouldn’t be play. He is playing a position that is not natural to him and doing a good job at it I’ll add. I’m simply saying that #3 is a natural QB and if he were playing that spot it would allow #6 to stop being a functional QB and play a position where he could be a star. #6 definitely has the athletic ability to be a special player. I don’t want anyone to think I’m suggesting otherwise, I’d love to have a dozen just like him up here. 

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Rt the defense plays hard and keeps us in the games with the 2 exceptions of the private schools.We turned OS over and over.Our inability to move the ball downfield successfully puts them in a terrible position and their on the field too long.We moved the ball but then fumble,fumble,fumble and I will give credit the kids are running hard but ball security is everything !That is not the coaches fault.BUT when things are going South you have to have something to adjust too and it took us WAAAAY to long to do that.Folks may think we are against #6----NO WAY the kid is an athlete that can helps us in other offensive ways.The freshman #3 is a pure QB and reminds me of Bryce Hanley his Freshman year,he doesn't have his wheels but he sees the field and plays with confidence.The other thing is our childish cussing rants that in my opinion has no place on a high school team or field.We have always had respect from teams and folks all over and that mess is embarrassing.We have plenty of players to win that game comfortably but we got took to the woodshed as GFD posted.We more than likely wont make the playoffs like we are playing right now.I will say this to not try to correct GFDs post but our D coordinator was doing his best to get the offense pumped up on more than one occasion but I agree with the rest of his assessment of the guy in charge I would have never known he was there.I usually dont wear out the refs in this game we got whipped first and foremost BUT they called a pass behind the WR a fumble when unless I see other it was clearly an incomplete FORWARD pass.The refs called a first down without a measurement when WITHOUT a doubt it was a half yard or more short.It was directly in front of us is why I say clearly.AGAIN we got beat on the field but I would like to see more fighting for a good call.Congrats to OS for winning the game.

I meant no disrespect to our defensive coach and as I told his mom I was surprised he was as calm as he was.  He try’s hard every game but he is not the head coach and he’s the one that has to show something! O&B is right defense has kept us in every game. Number 6 is a heck of a ball player but again as O&B said I think 3 is the better QB choice as 6 gives you another runner and another receiver. 

I think gb will be the 3rd or 4th seed.  I think whoever comes to roan mountain will have a good chance to beat us this year. We don't have the dominant line we had last year.  I'm not convinced that we won't be in a dogfight with Cosby this week so anyone in region 2 should work hard to make the playoffs and extend their season 

18 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I think gb will be the 3rd or 4th seed.  I think whoever comes to roan mountain will have a good chance to beat us this year. We don't have the dominant line we had last year.  I'm not convinced that we won't be in a dogfight with Cosby this week so anyone in region 2 should work hard to make the playoffs and extend their season 

I'm betting you guys right the ship and will compete in the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, crow said:

I want to be clear on something as well. OnB mentioned and I want to be clear as well. Nothing I’ve said is meant as a negative towards Greenbacks #6. The kid it a tremendous athlete that’s a weapon anywhere on the field and I’m certainly not suggesting he shouldn’t be play. He is playing a position that is not natural to him and doing a good job at it I’ll add. I’m simply saying that #3 is a natural QB and if he were playing that spot it would allow #6 to stop being a functional QB and play a position where he could be a star. #6 definitely has the athletic ability to be a special player. I don’t want anyone to think I’m suggesting otherwise, I’d love to have a dozen just like him up here. 

You made that clear to us.