Fayetteville hosts Moore County

MC4FHS

3 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know you cannot go by last years scores but McKenzie did beat Moore County 63 to 12 in the playoffs last year and the majority of those kids for McKenzie that started and played in the game last year are starters this year.

Fayetteville returned almost their entire team and now have a QB that can get the ball down the field. Fayetteville is better than last year, but MC is a different animal with #6 at QB. He is the difference, he's that good. Our offense ran through MC like a hot knife through butter. The rest of the team is average. My concern with him playing the way he does, is if he can make it to the playoffs healthy. He scrambles to bait your LB /DB's to chase and throws it over their head. If you don't chase, it might take 3-4 guys to tackle him. He's an athlete like #7 at McKenzie but better. He def has improved his speed since last year. Advice Be aggressive and hit him before he can make a move. Don't play contain defense like our Coach did Friday. My guess is he will be just beat up by playoffs. I noticed in game film last season when Mckenzie played MC he was so beat up he was non-existent in that game.

1 hour ago, Tigers71 said:

Fayetteville returned almost their entire team and now have a QB that can get the ball down the field. Fayetteville is better than last year, but MC is a different animal with #6 at QB. He is the difference, he's that good. Our offense ran through MC like a hot knife through butter. The rest of the team is average. My concern with him playing the way he does, is if he can make it to the playoffs healthy. He scrambles to bait your LB /DB's to chase and throws it over their head. If you don't chase, it might take 3-4 guys to tackle him. He's an athlete like #7 at McKenzie but better. He def has improved his speed since last year. Advice Be aggressive and hit him before he can make a move. Don't play contain defense like our Coach did Friday. My guess is he will be just beat up by playoffs. I noticed in game film last season when Mckenzie played MC he was so beat up he was non-existent in that game.

Prior to FC #6 was at like 12 runs/game he had 24 against FC the game plan was clearly let him dictate the game. Fortunately for MC nobody else  on the schedule is at FC’s level so those attempts should be closer to 12 than 24. Health will be main priority from here on out for sure. 

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know you cannot go by last years scores but McKenzie did beat Moore County 63 to 12 in the playoffs last year and the majority of those kids for McKenzie that started and played in the game last year are starters this year.

MC is a different beast for sure….Absolutely no comparison to being the same team from last season….McKenzie needs to just keep believing that….and see what happens……

14 hours ago, tiger355 said:

You can go back and watch the film. When the player goes down in the end zone 52 has no contact with MC player. Player is several feet in front of them when ref signals touchdown. It’s up to you to watch the film but it was a bad call. That’s life though and it happens. Not the first time and won’t be the last.

You are correct. I was talking about a different call. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

I saw a good game.  Fayetteville could have imploded and Moore County could have folded but neither happened.  These two teams slugged it out for the region and a #1 seed.  

All the talk about Fayetteville vs McKenzie or Peabody for that matter, if Fayetteville can't control the unneccessary laundry they'll end up on the short end.