West TN Rural Top 10 Week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

The back was Lucas Reynolds I believe. But if memory serves, he had a family member that worked in the school system up here and that was how he ended up at Grove and then HCHS. 

He graduated 2017 I’m pretty sure. I think people are hinting around about any talent coming to play for Henry county. It’s on such a small scale though. And Ryan would have been a waste waiting to play ball behind Ty Simpson. And he brought in Luke Brown. 

3 hours ago, RollRed said:

He graduated 2017 I’m pretty sure. I think people are hinting around about any talent coming to play for Henry county. It’s on such a small scale though. And Ryan would have been a waste waiting to play ball behind Ty Simpson. And he brought in Luke Brown. 

I agree. We've had some good transfers here and there no doubt, but it's not been some type of great migration. There are too many good programs around us to just be poaching kids at will. It might be different if we were running 5A every year, but for the most part, we're just keeping up with the Joneses over in Middle/East TN.  

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

First of all the big tackle is committed to the enemy not UT. Also you better shore that rush defense up. Riverside put 11 in the box and couldn't stop us. Its gonna be a party between the tackles.

Yeah that whopping 242 yards on 41 carries really stung just like the three fumbles lost and 65 yards in penalties. But hey that’s football and u got survive that to b a good team. Ya did it when it mattered 

6 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

People seem to have the misconception that a 5a-6a schools are a lot better than 1a-2a schools. I wonder how good a these big middle schools are compared to small school. Just because you have more kids to pick from don't mean you got 22 kids that understand basic fundamental football better than a small school. Lots of years I thought the 1a or 2a champion champ could have beat the 5a champ!

There’s around 25 5A and 6A teams in middle TN alone that would never lose a game playing 1A and 2A schedules. When you watch two 6A teams play each other, obviously it doesn’t look like either one are world beaters most times because they’re both really, really good 

20 hours ago, 1983 said:

I have to agree with you here.  I don’t think Dresden would be in the top 10 at this point in the season.  If they can stay close in the McKenzie game then I would put them in.  I have much respect for Dresden and that program but I don’t think they can hang with McKenzie.  Dresden will finish 8-2.  

Who's the 2nd loss?

I can't argue with this list. The next 5 weeks is gonna be a test for the stangs with 3 of of them in this list. I wanna say at least one for sure win against Gibson County and 1 that I'm on the fence with against Westview. Milan, Peabody, and UC are gonna be tough games. No shade towards Peabody, but I feel that game will be the easiest, toughest game of the 3. Look forward to the next 5 weeks of game, gonna be some good, hard hitting games played during that time.

11 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

I can't argue with this list. The next 5 weeks is gonna be a test for the stangs with 3 of of them in this list. I wanna say at least one for sure win against Gibson County and 1 that I'm on the fence with against Westview. Milan, Peabody, and UC are gonna be tough games. No shade towards Peabody, but I feel that game will be the easiest, toughest game of the 3. Look forward to the next 5 weeks of game, gonna be some good, hard hitting games played during that time.

You may retract that statement about Peabody now that they are starting to get healthy. I believe Milan is a better matchup for the Stangs than Peabody.

18 minutes ago, TheLongestYard said:

You may retract that statement about Peabody now that they are starting to get healthy. I believe Milan is a better matchup for the Stangs than Peabody.

Maybe so, but I like my chances better against Peabody than the other 2. That's was not a shot at Peabody by no means because I know they will be tough. I mean we did end their streak :D. But seriously, they all will be tough, just feel like we have a better chance to beat them.

2 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

Maybe so, but I like my chances better against Peabody than the other 2. That's was not a shot at Peabody by no means because I know they will be tough. I mean we did end their streak :D. But seriously, they all will be tough, just feel like we have a better chance to beat them.

I understand! It always about match-ups, not necessarily who may be better. To me, Trenton matches up the physicality with what Huntingdon wants to do. They also have a better QB than can test the undersized DBs of Huntingdon. Milan had trouble containing SGC's run game. But to your point, I am in no means talking down or bad about Milan, they are a great team.

Edited by TheLongestYard

32 minutes ago, TheLongestYard said:

I understand! It always about match-ups, not necessarily who may be better. To me, Trenton matches up the physicality with what Huntingdon wants to do. They also have a better QB than can test the undersized DBs of Huntingdon. Milan had trouble containing SGC's run game. But to your point, I am in no means talking down or bad about Milan, they are a great team.

All true, but Riverside had the better QB too, at least passing wise. Our secondary did a great job covering down field on their long passes and our front 7 did a good job pressuring the QB. I believe if they would have stuck to the run game, it would have been a different game. Isn't SG usually a really good team? Don't really keep up with them, so not sure how they are doing this year. I think if we can contain Driggers, we will be ok, I hope lol. I get everything you are saying, they are a very physical team. I feel like we get stronger by the week and will be the stronger team heading into that week, even tho we are so young. Gonna be a good game regardless and will eat my crow if they win.