Blackman vs. Stewarts Creek

Pops17

14 minutes ago, eers said:

I think all the hype is because it was their first “signature” win, albeit over an average Riverdale team. I think they’re trending in the right direction, but is RuCo down overall? I don’t know. I personally think Blackman is the #2 team in the region. 

Hoping we can get the offense hitting on all cylinders and play our best game against Oakland......will need it to be in the mix....

30 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Hoping we can get the offense hitting on all cylinders and play our best game against Oakland......will need it to be in the mix....

I believe if the offense is hitting on all cylinders it could be a lot closer than what Oakland would like.  A few mistakes and it could get tricky?

5 minutes ago, eers said:

I believe if the offense is hitting on all cylinders it could be a lot closer than what Oakland would like.  A few mistakes and it could get tricky?

Idk if Tygard was being vanilla on purpose because of next week but they have to be physical and execute way better to have a chance next week. Defense has got to stop missing tackles  and tackling high at the point of attack. I seen like 6 tackles behind the line that they missed last night. 

6 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

Another BIG game by #7 ! 

the last couple of games i can see the power 5 in him. I see they also are making an effort to target him and he seems to do something with it. I like what i am seeing out of him but think about once they get him, Ben, and Justin going at the same time OMG it will be unstoppable. I know people on here will say Oakland can stop them but Oakland doesn't have the guys to cover them if you get them all working in the same game! #ISAIDWHATISAID

• Upvote 1

you buncha flamers better be not overlookin this southwest music city educational institution this week ......that every private school near or along that hwy 254 has pilferaged and plucked away its athletes from......or yall will have to depend on that pinnacle of Murfreesboro HS FB to get that matchin 5th win from last season

....TX A&M vs Appilachea State

Booger just sayin :wink:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

you buncha flamers better be not overlookin this southwest music city educational institution this week ......that every private school near or along that hwy 254 has pilferaged and plucked away its athletes from......or yall will have to depend on that pinnacle of Murfreesboro HS FB to get that matchin 5th win from last season

....TX A&M vs Appilachea State

Booger just sayin :wink:

I asked my magic eight ball what the likelihood was That Coach Tygard and the Blaze were going to over look this educational stalwart in this weeks game

Magic_8_Ball_-_Do_I_get_my_Christmas_wis

7 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Pretty sure the Blaze are basically having a scrimmage this week with Antioch.  I reckon they gonna be working on those onside kicks some more?  I find it hard to believe they would do that very much when they meet Oakland the following week.  The Blaze offense is very solid.  Defense?  Not so much.

So why would they not try to get onside kicks if the defense isn’t that good? If they just get better technique wise they can get some stops, honestly I’d try to slow the game down in spurts vs Oakland cause the offense can wear you down also, basically a wing t on roids 

9 hours ago, arshad221 said:

So why would they not try to get onside kicks if the defense isn’t that good? If they just get better technique wise they can get some stops, honestly I’d try to slow the game down in spurts vs Oakland cause the offense can wear you down also, basically a wing t on roids 

If I were a coach with a defense like Blackman's, I wouldn't want to give a short field to a team like Oakland.  Pats have already shown that they can score fast and often. Averaging 50 points a game with two high quality teams played and beat in Ravenwood and their MS State commit qb and one of the top tier programs in MS, Madison Ridgeland. Blaze has only played one quality opponent at this point and lost to them.  Oakland has a lot more athletes than any team you guys have faced this year.  I will admit that the Oakland defense is not at the level that I am accustomed to the last 7-8 years but they will still have a much better defense than anything the Blaze has encountered this year with possibly the exception of the Brentwood team.

My best guess is that it will be a very high scoring game with Oakland  coming out on top.  Should be a fun one to watch.

I read somewhere that in High School, most kickoff returns leave the offense starting at the 38-42 yard line on average.  With really good play, maybe an average of the 35 yard line.  Now, onside kicks usually average about the 47 yard line.  So about 10 yards difference in the two kicks on average.  Sure, sometimes the kicking team does better, but when they have a bad play, you are giving up long runs or potential touchdowns.

Having the opportunity to get an extra possession and the resulting incredible momentum is often of greater value to some coaches than the 10-15 yards of field position...  especially when you dont have to worry about speedy running backs taking a deep kick to the house on you while you are playing many of your non-starters on special teams.

When the game is tight, it is still hard to watch.  LOL

And Blackmans kicker is very good btw!