D2-AAA - Week 5

JRB

4 hours ago, JRB said:

In the games I’ve seen this year, MBA has a “bend don’t break defense”. CPA was able to move the ball early however drives stalled with penalties or a turnover. If FRHS can capitalize on early drives with points I think they can make a ballgame. 

Make a game of it?  Father Ryan has lost 20+ games to Montgomery Bell Academy and until the FR Board of Trust (12 members are not Father Ryan graduates & 9 members are Father Ryan graduates) and administration decide that enough is enough nothing will change.  If the Father Ryan alumni were to keep their checkbooks in the safe a change would be made immediately. 

14 minutes ago, cbg said:

Make a game of it?  Father Ryan has lost 20+ games to Montgomery Bell Academy and until the FR Board of Trust (12 members are not Father Ryan graduates & 9 members are Father Ryan graduates) and administration decide that enough is enough nothing will change.  If the Father Ryan alumni were to keep their checkbooks in the safe a change would be made immediately. 

Yes make a game of it. FRHS lost 10-7 to MBA last year - and Lost by 7 to McCallie in the 2nd round - so it is not as if they cannot compete.

I agree with you that a change is likely needed to consistently turn close games to W’s. 

MBA 31  FRHS 0 H - JRB agrees w/CBG, fire the coach, fire the board :)  PurplePanther implements rule of "next score wins".

Baylor 35 Pope 0 H - With QB and RB both out for Pope, Baylor loading the box. Pope is simply outmatched.

BA  37 SBA 0 H

McCallie 10 Knox Catholic 7 H

Ensworth 14 MUS 3 H

CBHS 16 Briarcrest 0 H

FRA 10 Lipscomb 34 H - for our sombrero wearing friend

Edited by JRB
x

5 hours ago, JRB said:

Yes make a game of it. FRHS lost 10-7 to MBA last year - and Lost by 7 to McCallie in the 2nd round - so it is not as if they cannot compete.

I agree with you that a change is likely needed to consistently turn close games to W’s. 

A coaching change without the Board of Trust and administration changing their philosophy about what is required to compete for championships in D2AAA is just kicking the can down the road.  It’s interesting how Lipscomb made the decision that they wanted to have a successful football program and successful results were achieved very quickly.  

I am on team CBG. Father Ryan has it all. Huge, huge fan support. Beautiful campus (my first time on the campus, as I am an old person who only knows Elliston Place and games at Vanderbilt).  Should not be that outmatched against MBA, it’s oldest rival since they opened the doors a century ago. 

just huge respect for #51. That is a Bad man.