1985 Alcoa wins 34-6
1984 Alcoa wins 35-3
1983 Alcoa wins 27-9
1953 Alcoa wins 27-2
1952 Knox West wins 7-6
1951 Alcoa wins 46-0

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Alcoa may be the best team in the STATE! (All classifications).

I would be curious to know why you think this.  alcoa's schedule is usually one of the weakest in the the rankings so it's hard to know.  for instance on m a x p r e p s TN rankings, alcoa's strength of schedule is 3.6.  the top 3 are all above 30.  would be nice to see them play more good teams, particularly outside of east TN.  west is also below 10 for what is's worth.

3 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Alcoa may be the best team in the STATE! (All classifications) But this game is going to be interesting. West brings a lot of physicality. 

Among the public's and not counting Oakland, maybe. If Alcoa beats West decisively then I'd give them second to Oakland. Any time you beat Maryville you're up there. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

I would be curious to know why you think this.  alcoa's schedule is usually one of the weakest in the the rankings so it's hard to know.  for instance on m a x p r e p s TN rankings, alcoa's strength of schedule is 3.6.  the top 3 are all above 30.  would be nice to see them play more good teams, particularly outside of east TN.  west is also below 10 for what is's worth.

For what it’s worth, Alcoa schedules who they can schedule. When the typical powerhouses refuse to play by using the old excuse of- “We have nothing to gain from playing Alcoa. If we win, we were supposed to win. If we lose, we got beat by a 3A school” gets old. You can’t have it both ways. These teams run from signing a two year deal, then folks like you want to bang our schedule. Get some of these schools you are thinking to call our athletic director and I’m sure he will try and work something out. :thumb:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

For what it’s worth, Alcoa schedules who they can schedule. When the typical powerhouses refuse to play by using the old excuse of- “We have nothing to gain from playing Alcoa. If we win, we were supposed to win. If we lose, we got beat by a 3A school” gets old. You can’t have it both ways. These teams run from signing a two year deal, then folks like you want to bang our schedule. Get some of these schools you are thinking to call our athletic director and I’m sure he will try and work something out. :thumb:

Amen!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Why don’t y’all just go up to 5A/6A, then you wouldn’t have to worry about it? Yeah yeah, I know y’all are only 3A, but when you have more players every single year than most all 6A schools, how exactly can you classify yourself as 3A? Serious question? I’m sure that marshmallow paved road through the playoffs gets old?

Edited by AsNatureIntends

3 minutes ago, AsNatureIntends said:

Why don’t y’all just go up to 5A/6A, then you wouldn’t have to worry about it? Yeah yeah, I know y’all are only 3A, but when you have more players every single year than most all 6A schools, how exactly can you classify yourself as 3A? Serious question?

TSSAA rules only allow for a single classification jump. The highest they could play would be 4a. The last time they tried to move many 4a teams went to 5a to avoid them. They had to stay in 3a so they could have any chance at a full schedule. Also, they have between 55-60 players on their roster, not even close to a 6a roster.

Edited by OldandBusted
added information
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OldandBusted said:

TSSAA rules only allow for a single classification jump. The highest they could play would be 4a. The last time they tried to move many 4a teams went to 5a to avoid them. They had to stay in 3a so they could have any chance at a full schedule. Also, they have between 55-60 players on their roster, not even close to a 6a roster.

They had 90+ for years. Maybe they used to include freshmen.

Edited by AsNatureIntends

This will be a very interesting game this Thursday Night for dang sure. As for Alcoa beating Maryville I'm not surprised, a heck of a lot of concerning issues there that raise their ugly head every week and it's something that really can't be fixed or at least the biggest one can't. Can't feed the other team the ball twice a game and the past week three times and at least one results in a touchdown in both games and say no problem here unless your just a DA. All I can say to Alcoa is chuck that Maryville win in the trash for right now because it might not be the prize you think it was. I think Alcoa has the best chance Thursday Night plus not going through all those BS'ing calls they went through last year over at Knoxville won't happen this year. Only issue is, will the QB be playing Friday Night or not.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AsNatureIntends said:

Why don’t y’all just go up to 5A/6A, then you wouldn’t have to worry about it? Yeah yeah, I know y’all are only 3A, but when you have more players every single year than most all 6A schools, how exactly can you classify yourself as 3A? Serious question? I’m sure that marshmallow paved road through the playoffs gets old?

Even if Alcoa wanted to move to 5A or 6A they couldn’t per TSSAA. Also, why should Alcoa move to 5A or 6A? They are playing in the classification they belong? Alcoa has normally played up a classification, but honestly 3A as a whole has been tougher than 4A (other than possibly Greeneville). Then you have the argument of would those 4A schools (Greeneville, Elizabethton and others) move to 5A if Alcoa moved up? I would give Greeneville the benefit of the doubt, but Betsy would probably move up. I say that because they moved from 3A to 4A to get away from us. Also, the fact that Greeneville, Betsy and Anderson County had the opportunity to put Alcoa on their schedule for 2 years (last year & this year) and declined the offer says a bunch. Winning never gets old! I can live with the fact that others run from us and we get the best we can get out of classification and win. That’s all you can ask out of a program! :thumb:

Alcoa dresses 66 players. Not sure about your numbers as compared to other programs, so I’ll let it go. 

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1