Tullahoma @ Peal-Cohn

MountRushmore1

10 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

Pearl Cohn win big, Tullahoma not the same team this year, as  last year. Lost over 20 seniors from last year., very young,  going through a lot of adversity with injuries, and some suspensions.

Obviously NOT the same Team as last year. . Nobody is. . These Jr’s an Sr’s got a lot of play time last year in the 3rd an 4th Qtr because of the loaded Sr Class. 
I have no idea what the suspension issue is at THS but i believe that is causing more issues than anything else. Yes they had a once in a 20yr team last year but they certainly haven’t fallen off a Cliff athletically. 
And i think the Coaching is Solid with Sisk. . Anyone know WHY THS has lost 10 players for 30 days? What TH did they Do to deserve such a harsh penalty? Was it the Admin or the Coach who suspended the Kids. I’m assuming it had to be something illegal. . Drugs maybe?

4 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

I agree with much you have said, the suspensions have had a major effect on the play of the offense. They are missing some offensive lineman, a wide receiver Steverson, and Chadwick the kicker among those suspensions. A lot of players are having to play both ways.

It's the school  superintendent, from what people are saying now, and the suspensions didn't merit multiple game suspensions. There were no drugs or fighting  involved.  The school board hasn't released a statement, on the matter, and have handled this very badly.

What’s the BIG SECRET. . Couldn’t Coach Sisk be allowed to handle this internally player by player? If the Admin handed down a penalty this severe they really thrown the Coach under the bus. They played a loaded Marshall tough on the road for 3Qtrs. But their lack of depth because of these ridiculous 1/2 season suspensions has really put the Coaching Staff in a tough spot in their Inaugural Season. Maybe the Superintendent should Coach until Sisk gets his Kids back. And what about the Kids who weren’t involved. Is it really fair to indirectly punish them by losing some of their key teammates. This whole situation is puzzling. 

4 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

I agree with much you have said, the suspensions have had a major effect on the play of the offense. They are missing some offensive lineman, a wide receiver Steverson, and Chadwick the kicker among those suspensions. A lot of players are having to play both ways.

It's the school  superintendent, from what people are saying now, and the suspensions didn't merit multiple game suspensions. There were no drugs or fighting  involved.  The school board hasn't released a statement, on the matter, and have handled this very badly.

Whatever it is I’ve never heard of a 30 day suspension. At the end of the day they’re still kids and still have plenty of room to learn and grown. I’m amazed most of them are still at TH. 30days around these parts is you basically kicked off or gone and transfer to another school or hit the next county.

Getting to play high school football is a privilege. And young men and young ladies must conduct themselves properly to get to enjoy that privilege. The coaches are entrusted with the responsibility to see that this occurs. football is a team sport and coaches are part of the team. if part of the team fails to live up to expectations then the whole team shares in the burden. being a good coach means sometimes having to decide to swallow a bitter pill for the good of the program. You are often judged as to how you handle adverse situations such as the THS program is currently undergoing. I will make no allowances for the program as of the Pearl-Cohn game this season other than to say that if the coaches will call plays that the current roster can execute and not try to be the Dallas freaking cowboys on Friday night it could be a really close game. There are players still dressing out with a ton of ability and can play ball. But in  3 of the four games and a scrimmage i've watched this season, the coaches, mainly OC, don't know how to use what they have to work with. They have the wrong kids in the wrong spots. And they just want to call the plays the kids playing can't execute well. As of today I give the firebirds a 5 touchdown advantage. I expect the mercy clock to run 2 full quarters. 

• Like 1

Will everyone stop beating around the dang bush and just state why these players have been held out? (Don't tell me you don't know either with all the undertones in these comments).  I have never heard of a 30 day suspension either and if you going to suspend them for 30 days you might has well just kicked them off the team 

11 hours ago, southernmidtn said:

The school board, hasn't made a statement, and  the Supt. Mrs. Stephens, will not comment, the coaching staff will not comment. And the 30 day suspensions, hasn't been confirmed.  There have been all kind of rumors floating about. And most of them by people on Coach T, who don't even live in Tullahoma, and are not fans of Tullahoma.

Well heck. . What are the “rumors”? Surely the Kids and their Parents know as well as the Coaches and Admin. I believe the Public (Tax Payers) have an absolute right to Know what’s going on with their Football Program. And whether the decision was fair and just. 
Or whether it was a Kangaroo Court decision by a few people including the Superintendent. Regardless the Facts of this situation should be made public. And if these suspensions were in fact reasonable and justified so be it. 
But if they were in fact too severe or otherwise poorly resolved the public has an absolute right to transparency in this situation. To either agree with the ultimate decision or condemn it. 
This “no comment” position is complete BS. 

19 minutes ago, southernmidtn said:

Like I said it's a gigantic mess.  The citizens of this community, need to contact, or attend the next board meeting, and demand answers. Some times people in authority , think they are tyrants and must  be held accountable.   

But players also must follow rules, and it's the coaches jobs to make sure they do that.  The coaching staff has a difficult job ahead of them, keeping the team focused, and together. 

20 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Ready for a rant? For those of you demanding to know the terms of the suspension, how would you like it if your own child was involved in something shady at school and the DOS blasted it on social media? The School Board is elected not to do the bidding of the public (as in taking a vote, or having a say in validity), but to assess the situation with the facts provided and ADVISE the DOS...they have no power to implement punishment, nor the capability (privacy) to discuss the situation with the public. Going one step further, if ANY of the administration privy to the information you seek discloses it to the public (anyone other than a legal guardian), get ready for a lawsuit, and rightly so.

As for the football team, as already stated it's a privilege and not a "right"...any coach worth his weight in salt not only strives to win games, but to teach values to individual kids through the team concept (no I in team, win as a team, lose as a team, ect...), and unfortunately sometimes the innocent suffer consequences with the guilty. Extra curricular activities such as athletics (football) are not available solely for the public's benefit, but as an avenue to further the mental and physical development of the students.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I’ll take it one step further. If the kids aren’t doing the wrong thing none of this is an issue. Arguing over whether or not the punishment was “too” severe is silly. I have two sons. If this was them I would make sure they knew had they made better choices they wouldn’t be in this situation. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’ll take it one step further. If the kids aren’t doing the wrong thing none of this is an issue. Arguing over whether or not the punishment was “too” severe is silly. I have two sons. If this was them I would make sure they knew had they made better choices they wouldn’t be in this situation. 

:thumb:

Just illuminates the change in culture from parents...in my day the teacher was right and I was responsible for the trouble that I was in from the onset. If my explanation warranted a talk with the teacher/Principal, that was next (but rare). Now, "my little johnny" would never do what the mean old teacher said he did, so I'm going to complain to someone.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1