Cornersville @Fayetteville

City223

10 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Agreed. . He was the best athlete on the Field for Cornersville. And would be a starter on any team regardless of classification in Tn. He’s got D1 potential 

I say he transfers to marshall county or fayetteville next year. I’d be surprised to see him back at cornersville 

15 hours ago, dawgswin said:

Shouldn’t be a down year with the most successful 2 grades in school history prior to high school. Teams were literally quitting at halftime because this group was so good in youth, they allowed 1 touchdown there 5th and 6th year and lost 1 , 1 game from Flag to 8th grade. But when half or more of those kids are walking the halls, there isn’t anything anybody can do about. 

I'm no expert on youth, but I'm pretty sure Chapel Hill beat ya'll every year. Chapel Hill and Eagleville are usually the two best youth teams. Maybe @Salem knows more. I know there's not just one youth team. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm no expert on youth, but I'm pretty sure Chapel Hill beat ya'll every year. Chapel Hill and Eagleville are usually the two best youth teams. Maybe @Salem knows more. I know there's not just one youth team. 

Not this group of seniors and juniors. I’m not sure who they lost to , it may have been y’all  but there was only 1 loss for all them years together.

3 hours ago, City223 said:

I say he transfers to marshall county or fayetteville next year. I’d be surprised to see him back at cornersville 

I doubt it, his brother was a big part of the state teams.

Thats what’s wrong with society these days hopping and jumping ship when things aren’t going your way. The kid will get offers either way just based on his size and athletic ability.

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

We had no luck against that group. They were as good as he says they were. It's a shame they didn't stick together because they weren't flashy but they were the dominant team in the league. 

42 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Thats what’s wrong with society these days hopping and jumping ship when things aren’t going your way. The kid will get offers either way just based on his size and athletic ability.

Nothing wrong with putting yourself in the best situation. This is a dangerous game. Why should he flounder around a mediocre 1A team that can't block for him and take a physical beating another year, hope he isn't injured, and hope a college gives him a chance when he could transfer and star for a contender right away and get more exposure?  The coaches we're expecting the kids to show loyalty to would jump to Williamson or Rutherford County first chance they get. 

1 hour ago, dawgswin said:

I doubt it, his brother was a big part of the state teams.

The thing is, with this team I don’t see much improvement next year. I mean if this was 2-3 years ago then yea stay. He would have a much better chance to go d1 on a better team where he has good people surrounding him. On offense he gets the ball and every yard he gets he earns by himself. 

18 hours ago, dawgswin said:

Shouldn’t be a down year with the most successful 2 grades in school history prior to high school. Teams were literally quitting at halftime because this group was so good in youth, they allowed 1 touchdown there 5th and 6th year and lost 1 , 1 game from Flag to 8th grade. But when half or more of those kids are walking the halls, there isn’t anything anybody can do about. 

This senior class at fayetteville has lost 7 total games since 2nd grade. 4 of those in high school