Hillwood at Tullahoma

PercyPeabody

2 hours ago, TradHunter said:

T-Town wins by 2-3 touchdowns. Hillwood just dosen't have the players to compete. Not trying to be mean, the off season kills Hillwood every year.

You are unfortunately correct about the offseason. Hillwood's best players often get poached by the more successful Metro Nashville teams. Hillwood played well and got a victory against a young Montgomery Central team earlier in the year. Perhaps this will be a competitive game Friday night in Tullahoma. Always has been a good atmosphere in T Town on Friday nights. 

3 hours ago, TradHunter said:

T-Town wins by 2-3 touchdowns. Hillwood just dosen't have the players to compete. Not trying to be mean, the off season kills Hillwood every year.

T-Town should win this one, but I don't know about winning by 2-3 touchdowns. The offense has struggled starting with the play calling. If T-Town keeps the ball on the ground they shouldn't have a problem this week. The QB can not pass the ball competitively, so if Tullahoma runs the ball most of the game they should not have an issue with this one.  

3 hours ago, DigDug301 said:

T-Town should win this one, but I don't know about winning by 2-3 touchdowns. The offense has struggled starting with the play calling. If T-Town keeps the ball on the ground they shouldn't have a problem this week. The QB can not pass the ball competitively, so if Tullahoma runs the ball most of the game they should not have an issue with this one.  

Unless some people are back this week, Tullahoma will be using a 4th string running back. Not sure if they’ll have the convenience of just running it all night. But I think they’ll win this week. 

8 hours ago, 18NCS said:

You are unfortunately correct about the offseason. Hillwood's best players often get poached by the more successful Metro Nashville teams. Hillwood played well and got a victory against a young Montgomery Central team earlier in the year. Perhaps this will be a competitive game Friday night in Tullahoma. Always has been a good atmosphere in T Town on Friday nights. 

Heck they got multiple 6”4- 6”5 linemen. I would agree and say they don’t get the top athletes.. My question is what they gone do when Lawson open next year. Sending North Nashville kids to bellevue is ridiculous. The more I think about this game I’m putting the score closer

11 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Heck they got multiple 6”4- 6”5 linemen. I would agree and say they don’t get the top athletes.. My question is what they gone do when Lawson open next year. Sending North Nashville kids to bellevue is ridiculous. The more I think about this game I’m putting the score closer

Hillwood has one kid who has that height and he is a backup who just started playing ball as a Freshman last year. It takes the exact same time to drive from North Nashville to current Hillwood location as it does to drive to the new Lawson campus which is very close to the interstate exit. Perhaps next year's staff will get involved in competitive 7 on 7 in the offseason ... 

I think it is funny how people keep saying they lost everyone.  Every year teams lose players.  When last years bunch were Freshman and Sophomores they lost a lot in front of them.  Then they went undefeated two years in a row during the regular season.  This years group played a lot vs. the kids they are playing each Friday this year.  They played 1/2 a game in most situations.  Maybe the Coaches haven't coached them up.  Resting on the last 3 years with really smart athletic kids.  This group needs to be coached.  You can tell the QB isn't getting much coaching.  Lots of athletic kids on the team but the best is not being brought out in them.  No head coaching experience on the staff but you can tell that by the turmoil.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MountRushmore1 said:

I think it is funny how people keep saying they lost everyone.  Every year teams lose players.  When last years bunch were Freshman and Sophomores they lost a lot in front of them.  Then they went undefeated two years in a row during the regular season.  This years group played a lot vs. the kids they are playing each Friday this year.  They played 1/2 a game in most situations.  Maybe the Coaches haven't coached them up.  Resting on the last 3 years with really smart athletic kids.  This group needs to be coached.  You can tell the QB isn't getting much coaching.  Lots of athletic kids on the team but the best is not being brought out in them.  No head coaching experience on the staff but you can tell that by the turmoil.

Sometimes, as is the case now, kids just aren't as good as the previous class.  Last year, Tullahoma was bringing 20# sledge hammers to the demo parties, this year they're bringing 12 oz craft hammers.....a huge difference.  It does appear that the QB's lack a basic understanding of the position.   It may be coaching, or simply he's just out of position. 

Wildcats should win Friday Night!

I have been watching Tullahoma football pretty consistently for the past 10 years, this class has a couple of good players, but so did the two 0-10 teams.  This team is not nearly as talented as last years team,  just stating a fact.  And coaches cannot make something that isn’t there, As with any team it’s debatable if one kid would better in this spot versus that spot.  I don’t care how much playing time they get, point being that last year in the second half of games was pathetic, hand off 3 times and punt, possible fumble the ball. I knew right then this was going to be a rough year.  Take the 2 running backs and 1 wide receiver  off the field and these kids accounted for zero points last year.  I have said all along it they win 5 games I would consider it a successful season.  They have a lot of work to do in the remaining 5 games to get to that mark….these are the same coaches from last year so go figure, the mess in the locker room isn’t new, maybe a different flavor, but the coaches did not all of a sudden consciously say they were going to let the kids run amuck.  Come-On Man Seriously… 

• Like 1