The Pitiful State of William Blount Football

GovForce1

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Pull up a Blount County Map and look at the Maryville City Limits around William Blount. If anything happens, it will be the Maryville City Annexing  William Blount high School, a County School. Mainly, to address the over crowding at Maryville High School. Maryville City School Buses pickup Students within a 1/4 mile from WB.

Last two years, Alcoa went from 655 to 682 students. Maryville.....1625 to 1775 increase.

It was just a joke, I have no idea about the geography or anything else, I was just being silly...lol

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

ha. I know.....just felt like it was a good intro to the real situation...

Talk about combining schools, Alcoa + Maryville would still be smaller than 5 or 6 schools in 6A. 

And since we got As Barney called him Adolf Mikester Castitler as Principle we went from almost 230 to 206.WITH A NEW SCHOOL.But that bad taste is leaving in 2 months!Hope the new hire goes with him.

• Upvote 3

From what I understand is the small school located in Blount County Samuel Everett that co-ops with the other schools was at one time committed to sending the football players to William Blount and the basketball players to Heritage. When the Eagleton school came on Samuel Everett changed that commitment to Eagleton which isn't just a mile or so away. Samuel Everett isn't big enough to put either sport together as a team but those kids do go there. I had mentioned more than a few times about who got hurt the worse WB or Heritage which would make me understand now why WB coming off a 1-9 season got it put to them. That being the case and seeing close to 50 players on the Eagleton team at practice which would be from grade 8-10 right now would answer some questions. Not only has it hurt WB but I noticed on facebook at the WB Middle School which is two teams sharing players to make one team being down also in numbers which will also effect WB on the feeder side of the ball. Also for some reason there are kids that usually go to Alcoa caught up in the middle of this Bermuda Triangle that has also given the Eagleton team a boost in players which I'm hearing is going over like a turd in the punch bowl at Alcoa. Eagleton is doing very well in the JV games only losing to The Kings Academy which is a private high school team claiming that win on the high school record up until today which I noticed on the T isn't on there anymore which they don't have a JV team in the first place. Folks this Eagleton team which will be in 2A next year could be strong enough to possibly be a championship contender coming out of the gate their first year.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Pull up a Blount County Map and look at the Maryville City Limits around William Blount. If anything happens, it will be the Maryville City Annexing  William Blount high School, a County School. Mainly, to address the over crowding at Maryville High School. Maryville City School Buses pickup Students within a 1/4 mile from WB.

Last two years, Alcoa went from 655 to 682 students. Maryville.....1625 to 1775 increase.

Still "never going over 701" ???

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

From what I understand is the small school located in Blount County Samuel Everett that co-ops with the other schools was at one time committed to sending the football players to William Blount and the basketball players to Heritage. When the Eagleton school came on Samuel Everett changed that commitment to Eagleton which isn't just a mile or so away. Samuel Everett isn't big enough to put either sport together as a team but those kids do go there. I had mentioned more than a few times about who got hurt the worse WB or Heritage which would make me understand now why WB coming off a 1-9 season got it put to them. That being the case and seeing close to 50 players on the Eagleton team at practice which would be from grade 8-10 right now would answer some questions. Not only has it hurt WB but I noticed on facebook at the WB Middle School which is two teams sharing players to make one team being down also in numbers which will also effect WB on the feeder side of the ball. Also for some reason there are kids that usually go to Alcoa caught up in the middle of this Bermuda Triangle that has also given the Eagleton team a boost in players which I'm hearing is going over like a turd in the punch bowl at Alcoa. Eagleton is doing very well in the JV games only losing to The Kings Academy which is a private high school team claiming that win on the high school record up until today which I noticed on the T isn't on there anymore which they don't have a JV team in the first place. Folks this Eagleton team which will be in 2A next year could be strong enough to possibly be a championship contender coming out of the gate their first year.

....meanwhile at Alcoa as Eagleton builds a soccer team.............

Tired Kevin James GIF by TV Land