Springfield High Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs Beech High Buccaneers (5-1)

2 minutes ago, eers said:

Crabtree and Co typically have them ready come playoff time. 6A will be tough, but the way things have been happening lately, anything is possible. Maryville lost to Cleveland. Oakland lost to CPA. Ravenwood lost to Centennial. Not sure anyone saw any of those coming. 

If you havent noticed… Ravenwood and Oakland shockingly lost this week… 6a is as wide open as ever.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

4 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If you havent noticed… Ravenwood and Oakland shockingly lost this week… 6a is as wide open as ever.

At the beginning of the year, I thought quarterfinals or semifinals at best. Now I’m thinking anything is possible. I’m not saying Beech would be a favorite, but they have a chance to stir things up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Teams like Lebanon and Beech all of the sudden have a stake

Beech still has three games left. My honest opinion is that is they play decent Gallatin and Rossview have no chance of beating them. Brentwood has had their number, so that one will be a test I believe. If they can win out in convincing fashion, I think people have to take notice. Because of the loss to Farragut at the beginning of the year I think most people wrote them off. This is nowhere near the same team as week one. AND before the Farragut guy starts bashing me, yes I know other teams have improved as well. Beech beat a good Springfield team convincingly tonight and have really found an identity. This is a really good Beech team. 

5 hours ago, eers said:

Well… I didn’t see 42 coming, but everyone thought I was crazy with 31. The lean on you until you break. 

We didn’t see our starting QB go out with an injury coming either in the 2nd qt. This went south for the whole team after that it appeared. Beech took advantage of it.

Edited by brian2000

2 hours ago, brian2000 said:

I don’t know why the coaches haven’t  dialed up big plays for him like they did first several games.

7 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Question for the Springfield faithful: what the heck has happened to #23 Flair? He has disappeared the last couple of games. 

The way #23 started the year I thought he would be a game changer now but he is seeing less playing time not more

Hope the Crenshaw kid is alright. Any update?

Once he went out Springfield looked like a bad team. I know Beech is a good football team, but Springfield looked out of it after the injury. The 2nd half was ugly! If Crenshaw plays I still give Beech the win but it's close. The real question is can Springfield beat Portland without him? They have them next week?

Henry Vs. Mt Juliet semifinals 

32 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Hope the Crenshaw kid is alright. Any update?

Once he went out Springfield looked like a bad team. I know Beech is a good football team, but Springfield looked out of it after the injury. The 2nd half was ugly! If Crenshaw plays I still give Beech the win but it's close. The real question is can Springfield beat Portland without him? They have them next week?

Henry Vs. Mt Juliet semifinals 

We have a bye this Friday.