Haywood Vs SG Region title

Kruger77

47 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, if Haywood clinches the Region 7-4A title, do they get home field advantage in the playoffs all the way to the state championship game? I assume that they do.

As long as they keep winning, the Region 8  champ will have that honor. 

Edited by stacmot

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, if Haywood clinches the Region 7-4A title, do they get home field advantage in the playoffs all the way to the state championship game? I assume that they do.

I did not understand it for a while, but I was taught a little trick. Even years, even district teams host. Odd years, odd districts host. I do not think it will really matter for Haywood but this is the way I understood it. However, I stand to be correct. It is not the gospel. 

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I expect this to be closer than most expect but Haywood comes out on top. Maybe it's just an outsiders perspective but it feels like South Gibson is one of the only area teams that just isn't afraid of Haywood. I think the Tomcats get SG's best punch everytime and they will again Friday. 

@WarEagleCartman, this is a great post. I have been trying to figure out a way to say this, but did not want to be disrespectful to anyone from Haywood, because I think a lot of them. It is no secret that I have a ton of respect for everything Haywood. They just have something in the water there that pumps out D1 athletes and they just never stop. They have a great coaching staff, great posters on the T, people actually show up their games and support them, what else can I say? SGC is taking a 3 legged dog to the races. We all know this. However, we aint scared. We will give it our best shot and what ever the score is, so be it. We will not play scared. SCG can win this contest. Are we favored to win by anyone metrics? No. Should we be favored to win? Again, no. However the games are played on the field and not on this forum, or any paper that is written. I have gained some valued friends through the years from Haywood because of this game. These friendships will continue because the Haywood folks that I have talked with personally are good folks that are proud of their team, just like me. God gave us all football, and the high school level is the game in its purest form. Let's step back and appreciate that.