Beech (6-1) @ Gallatin (4-3)

eers

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol we played a miserable charter school… Republic…. Last night. They fielded 17 kids. Not sure why we even scheduled them.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I saw that score earlier. I was like who in the He double hockey sticks is Republic?! The Banana Republic probably could’ve fielded a better team by the looks of it.

2 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Watson was a heck of a coach at Northeast. No idea why that hasn't translated to Gallatin. Lights maybe a bit too bright for him over there. I for one thought he would flourish over there with the extra resources/talent available. 

Yeah well I’d argue NE gets a bit more talent over there. However I’d assume kids at Gallatin would be more “coach able”… with that being said he clearly is not the answer. 

51 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

This is why I had nothing to say about this game. I knew coming in we had no chance with this current coaching staff. Gallatin fans: do you want to keep taking breaks off from practice during a bye week, after already underperforning on the season against your rivals, OR, would you like a guy to come in that actually wants to win? And do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make that happen? Keep supporting this mess, and continue getting these same crap results. As I've BEEN saying. 

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yeah well I’d argue NE gets a bit more talent over there. However I’d assume kids at Gallatin would be more “coach able”… with that being said he clearly is not the answer. 

Northeast could stack talent with the best of them when they were up, but it's hard to build and maintain a program with no middle school ball to draw from. 

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a Gallatin team that didn't have quite a bit of talent. And there's a lot of old blood and pride in that program too. They should definitely be a lot better than what they've been the last several years.  

I will just keep repeating this. 

This is why I had nothing to say about this game. I knew coming in we had no chance with this current coaching staff. Gallatin fans: do you want to keep taking breaks off from practice during a bye week, after already underperforning on the season against your rivals, OR, would you like a guy to come in that actually wants to win? And do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make that happen? Keep supporting this mess, and continue getting these same crap results. As I've BEEN saying

18 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Northeast could stack talent with the best of them when they were up, but it's hard to build and maintain a program with no middle school ball to draw from. 

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a Gallatin team that didn't have quite a bit of talent. And there's a lot of old blood and pride in that program too. They should definitely be a lot better than what they've been the last several years.  

Gallatin has more athletes than NE and anyone in Sumner County most years. 

25 minutes ago, eers said:

Gallatin has more athletes than NE and anyone in Sumner County most years. 

Gallatin still has a great number of athletes in the building. The problem is many chose not to play football anymore. The reasons are wide and various, and its not limited to GHS. I am sure there are kids walking the hallways at the other schools in the county that should be playing and are not. 

Why they're not playing is a great question. The sad fact is that not many of them, wearing the green and gold just doesn't mean what it once did and even sadder is the fact that the street is getting too many of these kids. And this is not the day nor age when tough discipline minded men like Dan Herron and Calvin Short ran the school. It does make a difference. 

Edited by BURebels

22 minutes ago, BURebels said:

Gallatin still has a great number of athletes in the building. The problem is many chose not to play football anymore. The reasons are wide and various, and its not limited to GHS. I am sure there are kids walking the hallways at the other schools in the county that should be playing and are not. 

Why they're not playing is a great question. The sad fact is that not many of them, wearing the green and gold just doesn't mean what it once did and even sadder is the fact that the street is getting too many of these kids. And this is not the day nor age when tough discipline minded men like Dan Herron and Calvin Short ran the school. It does make a difference. 

I’ll not disagree with this, other than to say they have plenty of athletes on the field. I’ve seen for many years Gallatin lose to smaller teams with far fewer athletes. Im not naive enough to believe all the issues are with the coaching staff, however that’s where the responsibility lies. As you said about wearing the green and gold, the culture of Gallatin football is nowhere close to what it once was. That plays into those kids walking the halls and was evident in the crowd size at tonight’s game. Im not saying Gallatin should beat Beech, but this game was never close and never felt competitive.

Understand, I’m not advocating for a coaching change. Right now I'm not even sure who would be willing to try. The allure of the potential would have some interested, but most of the last 10 years have been abysmal. With that said, something different than what’s being done currently is going to have to happen to change the culture.