White's Creeks @ TC

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Nashville built a bunch of new schools like East Nashville, Nolensville, ect and several of the older decrepit schools lost kids and support. 

East Nashville is not new. It is actually one of the oldest schools in Nashville. Nolensville is in Williamson county. Most metro schools started losing support due to Garcia's bussing kids. But hey you dont really care about the truth. Easier to spew garbage. 

Congrats to TC on the win. 

30 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

East Nashville is not new. It is actually one of the oldest schools in Nashville. Nolensville is in Williamson county. Most metro schools started losing support due to Garcia's bussing kids. But hey you dont really care about the truth. Easier to spew garbage. 

Congrats to TC on the win. 

I thought Nolensville was in Davidson County and East Nashville is listed as being founded in 1993 on the TSSAA website.

15 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Nolensville is Williamson county. East Nashville was founded long before 1993. No idea where TSSAA came up with that one. 

According to Wikipedia, East Lit Magnet, now East Nashville Magnet, replaced East Nashville High School, which occupied the same campus. Same building, sameish name, different schools. I knew it had to be some technicality because my Grandfather attended East back in the 60s.

Jerry - Same school, same campus, same buildings, just different name changes. Its been East High (probably from your grandad time), East Lit, to East Nashville Magnet. The school itself is very interesting. My classroom was on the fourth floor, not counting the basement levels or the roof access room. Classroom had hardwood floors and the now trendy exposed wood beams and pipes. The architecture on the outside is not like anything you would see today. And the original gym is still standing. If you like old buildings it would be one to visit. 

19 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

If you like old buildings it would be one to visit. 

I went to Hume-Fogg, so I appreciate historic educational buildings. 

I spent a week there in a summer program once. Very cool building, the old gym especially. My grandfather told me they would sit by the backboard and moon opposing players during free throws. 

6 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Jerry - Same school, same campus, same buildings, just different name changes. Its been East High (probably from your grandad time), East Lit, to East Nashville Magnet. The school itself is very interesting. My classroom was on the fourth floor, not counting the basement levels or the roof access room. Classroom had hardwood floors and the now trendy exposed wood beams and pipes. The architecture on the outside is not like anything you would see today. And the original gym is still standing. If you like old buildings it would be one to visit. 

It was closed as a high school for some 20 years wasn’t it? Seems like the original EN closed in early 80s. And then reopened as eat lit some 20 years later. Was probably a middle school in between.