The Ridge (OR) vs The Injuns of Dobyns-Bennett

SweetScience

5 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

DB wins by 2 TDs in this game. Ive seen both teams in person. DB is playing much better football and it seems like OR has slowly given worse effort in this last half of the season. 

Can't disagree more with the effort part. These Cats have not always played well this year, but no question they have played their hearts out effort- wise.  No questioning the heart of this team, injuries, lack of depth in the line, execution and inexperience at qb have been the struggles this season.  

10 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Can't disagree more with the effort part. These Cats have not always played well this year, but no question they have played their hearts out effort- wise.  No questioning the heart of this team, injuries, lack of depth in the line, execution and inexperience at qb have been the struggles this season.  

That's a fair point they have had a ton of injuries. I take back what I said about effort. 

• Like 1

Just got back from being out of the country...hate to miss the trip to DB...always love the atmosphere up there. I wasn't impressed with DB last year even though they beat us, but we weren't very good. We're more talented this year with more linemen and I still think DB is nothing like the DB of old, but neither are we...OR 21 - DB 17!  RWR!!!!

After watching the first half on YouTube, my observations are as follows:

-I'd prefer to watch Prep Radio and hear Clary

-As I thought, we're faster than DB

-Surprisingly, we're bigger than DB overall

-We have a better kicking game than DB

-So despite the score, I expect the better team to win...and that would be OR

-If DB hadn't fumbled on the five going in and was up 21-0 or 21-3, I'd feel differently 

29 minutes ago, catswild said:

After watching the first half on YouTube, my observations are as follows:

-I'd prefer to watch Prep Radio and hear Clary

-As I thought, we're faster than DB

-Surprisingly, we're bigger than DB overall

-We have a better kicking game than DB

-So despite the score, I expect the better team to win...and that would be OR

-If DB hadn't fumbled on the five going in and was up 21-0 or 21-3, I'd feel differently 

I applaud your optimism throughout the year. It’s been something to behold, but DB is clearly the better team from what I’ve seen so far. Big score there for OR though.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1