Dobyns-Bennett at The team from Johnson City

TribalEmpire

43 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

On the bright side I thought Science Hill would win by at least 10. Both teams are poorly coached and will exit the playoffs in the first round.  Let's get the basketballs out. 

Waco,

I have respectfully disagreed with you for years and 3 years of that was when my son was playing.  I now know you have a pretty good grasp on what's happening.  I have been around the game and in the game for many years and I still can't comprehend what I just saw.  I agree with your earlier statement that this team is not as good as the 2020 team, but I'm not sure they are any better than the 2021 team either.  Coaching, youth, I don't know, but what I just saw was ridiculous.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Waco,

I have respectfully disagreed with you for years and 3 years of that was when my son was playing.  I now know you have a pretty good grasp on what's happening.  I have been around the game and in the game for many years and I still can't comprehend what I just saw.  I agree with your earlier statement that this team is not as good as the 2020 team, but I'm not sure they are any better than the 2021 team either.  Coaching, youth, I don't know, but what I just saw was ridiculous.

So, what finally changed your mind?  What you just saw was a "very poorly" coached team get beat by another "very poorly" coached team. It's never going to change because of the culture at both schools. Every now and then a group of players come along that are good enough to overcome the bad coaching. 2000, 2012, 2020 teams all had good enough talent to overcome the coaching miscues. I actually thought this years team had pretty good talent coming into the season. But they could never put it together. Doesn't look like there was any improvement from game 1 to game 10. The only reason DB went 8-2 this year was because the schedule was very weak. In a normal year this team would have gone 6-4 or 5-5. DB basically got beat by one player tonight. The coaching staff had no clue. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Well my mood significantly brightened from the last page of this thread. Some funny stuff up above. 

I'm not even going to bother making the thread for Bearden next week. Whether the season was a success or failure all depended on tonight and so it's a fail. Bearden will come in next week, spank our hiney and we can get out the round balls. Something we're good at. Season starts November 15th. Can't wait. 

11 hours ago, maroonandgrey said:

Wow it looks like Stacy is a win at all costs coach. #5 is hurting and the coach has to step up and protect the young man. He will not come out on his own accord no matter how bad he’s hurting. 

DB literally hands their kids percocet in the locker room. Also, he's a senior and prolly knows they aren't making it to state this year. This game is important to him.  

23 minutes ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

DB literally hands their kids percocet in the locker room. Also, he's a senior and prolly knows they aren't making it to state this year. This game is important to him.  

The young man comes from tough people. I coached his older cousins in Greeneville. They are more like Uncles because they are in their 50’s. Toughness, speed and football smarts. They know nothing about holding back.

16 minutes ago, Pioneers1982 said:

I was really pulling for DB last night and even sat on there side. When the fans started yelling go to the hospital at SH running back I couldn’t pull for them after that. He’s a young man shouldn’t be yelling that he played his heart out last night.

I know most of his family, good people.

35 minutes ago, Pioneers1982 said:

I was really pulling for DB last night and even sat on there side. When the fans started yelling go to the hospital at SH running back I couldn’t pull for them after that. He’s a young man shouldn’t be yelling that he played his heart out last night.

Class and most DB fans aren't mutual commodities. 

• Like 1