SP vs Copper Basin (Stone Cold vs The Big Grabowski)

Southtowner

I went ahead and created this website to talk about our important region game against these Cougars.  I guarantee they are still ravenous after beating Georgia and would love nothing more than to silence our cannon and sink our Pirate Ship. 

We need to show up in force, even double force, to show the Valley and the millions watching around the globe, how to properly do a blackout.  Let's fill Beene Stadium to the top and even overflowing these next 3 weeks.  

Go Pirates!!

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I went ahead and created this website to talk about our important region game against these Cougars.  I guarantee they are still ravenous after beating Georgia and would love nothing more than to silence our cannon and sink our Pirate Ship. 

We need to show up in force, even double force, to show the Valley and the millions watching around the globe, how to properly do a blackout.  Let's fill Beene Stadium to the top and even overflowing these next 3 weeks.  

Go Pirates!!

I’d love for that cannon to stay silent but isn’t going to happen! I’m glad these boys were able to pull out a win in a very rough year. I’m sure the Beene will be rocking like almost always, since it’s almost playoff time. Hoping for better days ahead here in the basin.

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Go Pirates!!

Ain’t it about time for letter to mom from the battlefield? Or for the playoffs. 

Edited by pegleg

22 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Pirate boards have been very quiet this year..........

After the upset to Fayetteville two years ago, most of us were humbled. Last year we just took the down low approach and that resulted in another Championship. So we will see what happens this year. Besides that, us regulars are getting old and dealing with sicknesses or injuries, not much time to give to it. We need a new band of Pirate posters to take the helm.

This game will not be close...

Edited by piratetom

4 hours ago, piratetom said:

After the upset to Fayetteville two years ago, most of us were humbled. Last year we just took the down low approach and that resulted in another Championship. So we will see what happens this year. Besides that, us regulars are getting old and dealing with sicknesses or injuries, not much time to give to it. We need a new band of Pirate posters to take the helm.

This game will not be close...

Unfortunately I don't think any of the newer people have that desire we older ones do. We've seen a lot come and go for sure on here.  But yes, sickness has played a big roll. 

6 minutes ago, sportman said:

Unfortunately I don't think any of the newer people have that desire we older ones do. We've seen a lot come and go for sure on here.  But yes, sickness has played a big roll. 

Speaking of that - I assume Pirate Mike is fully recovered? Have not seen him here in a long, long time.

Agree CB will be a walk and I don't see anyone in the SP's way until deep in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Speaking of that - I assume Pirate Mike is fully recovered? Have not seen him here in a long, long time.

Agree CB will be a walk and I don't see anyone in the SP's way until deep in the playoffs.

I saw him at a few games, but IDK the extinct of his health. Maybe Tom can shed some light or even Mike himself. I can tell you one thing though and I know you already know this, they are two of the greatest men ever. 

11 minutes ago, sportman said:

I saw him at a few games, but IDK the extinct of his health. Maybe Tom can shed some light or even Mike himself. I can tell you one thing though and I know you already know this, they are two of the greatest men ever. 

I've missed a couple games this year but I have seen @PiRaTe._.MiKe this year.  I'll let him or @piratetom speak of his health.

And you're absolutely right, those are 2 of the best people I know.  

20 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Fully recovered is just not in the cards. Every glimpse of improvement we see is a blessing from above. We take special comfort in functional improvements. One thing for sure, my brother will never give in and never give up. He takes every new battle head on. He loves the PIRATES and will be at every game possible. He hasn't been on here much this year because other things in his life are simply more important, specifically family and friends. He truly appreciates everyone's kind words and continued concerns. All of you have played an important part in his life, whether you know him personally or not. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pegleg said:

Ain’t it about time for letter to mom from the battlefield? Or for the playoffs. 

Sergeant Southtowner got wounded in the battle at Cookeville and some say the Tigers of Fayetteville burned him at the stake.

Some say they saw his ghost in Chattanooga looking down from high atop Lookout Mountain while the Pirates reigned supreme over the Rebels and the rest of the world. 

So, like a Phoenix, he may rise up from the ashes one day, pick up his golden goose quill, and commence to writing once more.

• Upvote 1