Henry County @ Portland

SEC1rules

10 minutes ago, eers said:

I would personally go to Clarksville and get on 24E. Take that to Old Hickory Blvd. OHB to 65N. 65N to exit 117, HWY 52. Take HWY 52 to Portland. Turn Right onto HWY 109. Stadium is roughly 1/2 mile in the left. 

The stadium is at Portland East Middle School. 

That works too BUT you miss all the beautiful farm land of RobCo though 

Edited by TheCommissioner

38 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

OldDevil 

I would come down I-24 towards Nashville from Clarksville, get off at exit 24 (Coopertown/Springfield exit) that’s Highway 49.  Take Highway 49 through Springfield to Orlinda, at the stop sign in Orlinda take a right onto Highway 52.  Highway 52 will take you into Portland.  At the intersection of 109 and 52 in the heart of Portland take a right on 109.  The football is on the left at Portland Middle on 109 about a mile or two after you turn right. The field is right on the railroad tracks.  You will get shook up a couple of times during the game when the train runs 

Honk when you go by our house 

You literally gave him the same route I did, all the way until you got to Portland...lol

7 minutes ago, HCFan said:

What is our region going to look like next year? Springfield, Portland, Beech, Hendersonville, & HC?

I have heard several different guesses, I do not know how it will end up, with the Clarksville schools all collaborating in the same region in 6A, it sounds like Springfield will be pushed to the Nashville region, Beech, Hendersonville, probably Portland. I would think HC would stay somewhere west because the travel would be crazy if they are in the same region with us. Having said that, I have no idea, they could very well put yall in the same region with us, we shall see...

On 10/24/2022 at 5:38 PM, eers said:

I would personally go to Clarksville and get on 24E. Take that to Old Hickory Blvd. OHB to 65N. 65N to exit 117, HWY 52. Take HWY 52 to Portland. Turn Right onto HWY 109. Stadium is roughly 1/2 mile in the left. 

The stadium is at Portland East Middle School. 

This route takes them about 20 miles out of the way. The Henry County faithful like @olddevil have made the trek to Springfield numerous times. The way @TheCommissioner stated is how I would go if I was them. 
The OHB to 65N route is good for someone not familiar with going to Springfield though. 

55 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

This route takes them about 20 miles out of the way. The Henry County faithful like @olddevil have made the trek to Springfield numerous times. The way @TheCommissioner stated is how I would go if I was them. 
The OHB to 65N route is good for someone not familiar with going to Springfield though. 

It’s much faster without traffic. 

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

I have heard several different guesses, I do not know how it will end up, with the Clarksville schools all collaborating in the same region in 6A, it sounds like Springfield will be pushed to the Nashville region, Beech, Hendersonville, probably Portland. I would think HC would stay somewhere west because the travel would be crazy if they are in the same region with us. Having said that, I have no idea, they could very well put yall in the same region with us, we shall see...

There’s no good Solution to the travel problem for HC. Memphis and that west district isn’t exactly close. There’s no good way to get to HC from anywhere except HC. Lol. The Clarksville schools going 6A is good for them, but made it difficult for HC. 

1 minute ago, eers said:

There’s no good Solution to the travel problem for HC. Memphis and that west district isn’t exactly close. There’s no good way to get to HC from anywhere except HC. Lol. The Clarksville schools going 6A is good for them, but made it difficult for HC. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...