Alcoa travels to AE, UPSET of the Week here!!! LOCK IT IN!

Turtle

1 hour ago, Jet Pride said:

Alcoa had the chance 2 years ago to move up but Rankin refused. You're not convince anyone outside of Alcoa. Alcoa could make way better gates in 4A and be very competitive but they much rather stay 3A and rack up wins that no one is impressed with. 

You know absolutely nothing about Alcoa football. Nice try tho! :thumb:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

Get the whole story before you start calling the coaches and administration chicken.  Alcoa was set to move to 4a last cycle and announced they were and then a bunch of 4a schools in the Knoxville area jumped ship to 5a.  This would have made Alcoa be in the Chattanooga 4a region with Anderson County.  Chattanooga 4a football would have been even weaker than what their current 3a conference is.  For anyone to think Alcoa is afraid to play anyone in any classification is laughable when they play a top 3 6a team every year in Maryville and even scrimmaged McCallie and held their own just fine

Bottom line is if you guys thought you would dominate a larger classification you would move up but you didn’t. Looking at your schedule you will only have 4 regular season wins over teams with winning records. It may end up being only 3 if Pigeon Forge loses this week. You beat a Maryville team that’s probably the worse one they have had in awhile. Now are you dominant in 3A, of course, there is nobody that has the athletes you have that you play in the east. It’s easy to say your not afraid to play anyone anytime in a non region game… the difference in the bigger classes and some of their regions is you have tougher games every week in region play. 

• Like 1

We all know Alcoa isn't moving up!  They're enjoying themselves in 3a football. Do I think they should move up ?  Heck Yea, what 3A team don't want to them to move up? Now calling the 3a teams CUPCAKES was pretty much a slap in the face.  No one in 3A is a cupcake. Eventually, someone will catch Alcoa but not anytime soon.  I can guarantee you one thing, AE ain't scared of Alcoa and will punch them in the face like they haven't been punched before.  That's one thing I can say about AE they're going to bring the pain no matter what their record is.  

26 minutes ago, Turtle said:

We all know Alcoa isn't moving up!  They're enjoying themselves in 3a football. Do I think they should move up ?  Heck Yea, what 3A team don't want to them to move up? Now calling the 3a teams CUPCAKES was pretty much a slap in the face.  No one in 3A is a cupcake. Eventually, someone will catch Alcoa but not anytime soon.  I can guarantee you one thing, AE ain't scared of Alcoa and will punch them in the face like they haven't been punched before.  That's one thing I can say about AE they're going to bring the pain no matter what their record is.  

Good luck region 1 AE and Turtle  are coming. :mrgreen:

Alcoa vs A.E use to be the game to be at when they played.  It was always a hard hitting, smack talking kinda game back when Corey Anderson was there, and before that.  A.E defense is fast and sworms to the ball and seems to be physical.  There offense of line is big.  But still not enuff to compete with Alcoa this year. Alcoa will be up by 21 in the first qtr

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eaglefan19 said:

Alcoa has been the standard in 3A. But it looks like they are content on staying where they are and where it’s easy for them. They control their enrollment being a city school which is their right. But there is no question Alcoa is concerned about moving up and still being dominant or they would have done that with rankin… common sense says they would continue the dominance looking at their recent dominance over past 15 years but there is definitely a question in their leaders minds on if they could sustain it. That’s not a knock against them but it’s the truth. 

Nope, it's the posturing of 4A teams and plans to move out of region and up classification if Alcoa does in fact move to 4A. There is no guarantee that the region will be the same teams once finalized? 

You  really think Alcoa is scared of Seymour, Sequoyah, Carter, Gibbs, Nothview South-Doyle or Fulton? :roflolk:

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

I don't blame the Alcoa fans or even players. But the coaches and administration I would say are the chickens on not moving to 4A. They much rather beat up on the cupcakes then take a challenge in 4A

The chickens are the 4A teams in Knoxville already crying cause of "rumors" of Alcoa moving up..........

11 hours ago, Eaglefan19 said:

Bottom line is if you guys thought you would dominate a larger classification you would move up but you didn’t. Looking at your schedule you will only have 4 regular season wins over teams with winning records. It may end up being only 3 if Pigeon Forge loses this week. You beat a Maryville team that’s probably the worse one they have had in awhile. Now are you dominant in 3A, of course, there is nobody that has the athletes you have that you play in the east. It’s easy to say your not afraid to play anyone anytime in a non region game… the difference in the bigger classes and some of their regions is you have tougher games every week in region play. 

You're not going to start crying are you?

image.png.e5b9d1cd961bd47e252bc756265322d6.png