Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

17 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Question for the Hampton fans..... how many people does your visitor side hold?    Boone generally brings a big crowd so I'm thinking it may be necessary to get there quite early.            Also, game time is at 7:30, is that right?

We never have any visitors and can't nobody figure out how you tell time, we just play when it gets dark so we can show off our pretty lights. Being honest, think we can hold quite a few  and I do think its at 7:30. Look forward to hosting you guys and hope we can hang around a little while. You guys are SOLID. Congrats on a GREAT season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pujo said:

Being healthy is a big key, the smaller the school, the more so. 

By this point in the season all teams are banged up to one degree or another, Boone is no exception.    I can promise you that this Boone team will show up to Hampton taking the game very seriously and give it our best shot.    Regardless of how it turns out I am 100% pulling for Hampton to make it to the finals again.    Unfortunately for us Knox West is in 5A and you guys already know about them....             This is a crazy year because I am also pulling for Crockett and Elizabethton and that never happens..

7 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

By this point in the season all teams are banged up to one degree or another, Boone is no exception.    I can promise you that this Boone team will show up to Hampton taking the game very seriously and give it our best shot.    Regardless of how it turns out I am 100% pulling for Hampton to make it to the finals again.    Unfortunately for us Knox West is in 5A and you guys already know about them....             This is a crazy year because I am also pulling for Crockett and Elizabethton and that never happens..

Region 2 for you guys is EXTREMELY tough. I'll sure be pulling for you every week. As far as Betsy goes, I still think they have a fighters chance of reaching the finals. 

52 minutes ago, pujo said:

Region 2 for you guys is EXTREMELY tough. I'll sure be pulling for you every week. As far as Betsy goes, I still think they have a fighters chance of reaching the finals. 

I'm not sure Elizabethton has what it takes this year in 4A, my money is on Greeneville with the possibility of Anderson County.      Because of Knox West I believe that Hampton has a way better probability of advancing than Boone does, but as they say that's why you line it up and play the game.      

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I'm not sure Elizabethton has what it takes this year in 4A, my money is on Greeneville with the possibility of Anderson County.      Because of Knox West I believe that Hampton has a way better probability of advancing than Boone does, but as they say that's why you line it up and play the game.      

Can't argue a word of it, you guys probably has the least chance, West is a BEAST.

• Like 1

X's and O's....   Boone's offense is probably 70% run and 30% pass.   The offense looks good at times but has a lot of struggles too.    The defense is very tough against the run and pass.    Special teams have been phenomenal this year, having recorded at least 4 safeties and several blocked punts, most kickoffs go out of the end zone, and punts typically land inside the 10.    If the game is low-scoring then Boone has an excellent chance to win, if Boone gets behind and has to rely on the offense to catch up then it could get dicey.    Although the defense has scored a TD in every game but 2 that I can recall.     Last year's Hampton game was in a downpour so I don't know if that altered Hampton's game plan or not, but I was impressed with the quickness with which the backs hit the line.     I think Hampton and Boone are a lot alike in that both play hard and are not afraid of contact.   Almost no chance of rain this Thursday night.....

19 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

X's and O's....   Boone's offense is probably 70% run and 30% pass.   The offense looks good at times but has a lot of struggles too.    The defense is very tough against the run and pass.    Special teams have been phenomenal this year, having recorded at least 4 safeties and several blocked punts, most kickoffs go out of the end zone, and punts typically land inside the 10.    If the game is low-scoring then Boone has an excellent chance to win, if Boone gets behind and has to rely on the offense to catch up then it could get dicey.    Although the defense has scored a TD in every game but 2 that I can recall.     Last year's Hampton game was in a downpour so I don't know if that altered Hampton's game plan or not, but I was impressed with the quickness with which the backs hit the line.     I think Hampton and Boone are a lot alike in that both play hard and are not afraid of contact.   Almost no chance of rain this Thursday night.....

Only chance we have is Devine intervention, I can't see where we match up in any phase of the game. Only hope we can stay healthy and find some things to help us in the playoffs.