Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

10 minutes ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

I look for Hampton to keep it close for the first half then Boone pulls away. Hard for a smaller school to play both sides with a lot of the same athletes for 4 quarters when the larger one can run fresh bodies in more frequently.  Hopefully an injury free game on both sides.  

We'll be fully prepared and come to play, I'm sure the same can be said for Boone, both teams are well coached . it,s not always X,s ANS O,s, Comes down to Jimmy's and Joe's. They have forced people into bad situations with their D and special teams all year long.  I'm sure we'll have to cover a lot of ground to come up with a score. It is what it is and we'll give it heck. Far as that goes, I'm a fan and pulled for them every game this season, hope they can wear it out in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

I look for Hampton to keep it close for the first half then Boone pulls away. Hard for a smaller school to play both sides with a lot of the same athletes for 4 quarters when the larger one can run fresh bodies in more frequently.  Hopefully an injury free game on both sides.  

You are correct, but if Boone's offense doesn't show up it will be close for 4 quarters

15 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I maybe wrong and my heart is with Hampton. . This is David vs Goliath no two ways around that. Boone has beaten some really solid 6A teams including a very athletic SHHS team. I’m going with Boone 44-8. 

Think its a crime to beat Dogs like that these days, you could get away with that sorta stuff when Daniel and Davy were around, This is the modern world 

24 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I maybe wrong and my heart is with Hampton. . This is David vs Goliath no two ways around that. Boone has beaten some really solid 6A teams including a very athletic SHHS team. I’m going with Boone 44-8. 

When Boone's offense is clicking and in sync they can put up some points in a hurry, but the big problem this year has been inconsistency.    You just never know which offense will show up at any given game.      Honestly in a few games it is the special teams and defense that has saved us because the offense was non-existent.      Boone could beat a lot of 2A teams 44-8 but that's not happening against Hampton.     I would be surprised if either team scores out of the teens....

35 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think its a crime to beat Dogs like that these days, you could get away with that sorta stuff when Daniel and Davy were around, This is the modern world 

Pujo i hope you’re right. . Hope those country boys up there in Carter Co give Boone all they want and then some. You’re a wise man and have my respect because you know what you’re talking about. I’ll eat my crow on a dog biscuit if Hampton can pull the upset. My prediction for an upset is 16-14 Dogs. 

4 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Pujo i hope you’re right. . Hope those country boys up there in Carter Co give Boone all they want and then some. You’re a wise man and have my respect because you know what you’re talking about. I’ll eat my crow on a dog biscuit if Hampton can pull the upset. My prediction for an upset is 16-14 Dogs. 

You never know how any game is gonna play out, it could be a blow out or a fight to the finish.  We need to play a squeaky clean game and not get in, and long situations. Its for sure an uphill battle but wouldn't be the 8th wonder of the world if we hung around and squeaked one out. On an average night, I don't see a blowout.

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

You never know how any game is gonna play out, it could be a blow out or a fight to the finish.  We need to play a squeaky clean game and not get in, and long situations. Its for sure an uphill battle but wouldn't be the 8th wonder of the world if we hung around and squeaked one out. On an average night, I don't see a blowout.

Completely agree. It’s a bunch of kids on both sides ultimately. It very well could be a defensive struggle with Hampton pulling out a low scoring affair. Boone will know they were in a football game when the dust settles. I have no doubt about that.