Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

For those of you who were not in attendance tonight, let me recap the game for you....    Hampton drug Boone up and down the field all night long and totally deserved to win this one.    Boone did not overlook Hampton, they are just that good.     Their offense is a precision piece of machinery.    Boone made a couple of plays when they had to and pulled out the win, but I feel Hampton was the better team in every way but the scoreboard.     Totally pulling for Hampton to take 2A all the way to Chattanooga, you guys have the team to do it.      We may be too banged up to make it very far in the playoffs, guess we find out next Friday.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Appvol said:

Tell Levi good game. Over 200 rushing against Boone isn’t easy.

Surely will Appvol, couldn't be prouder of the youngun, You know him like I do, He's even better off the field. A lot like the one you raised. Anybody can be a good football player, not quite as many can be outstanding people.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

For those of you who were not in attendance tonight, let me recap the game for you....    Hampton drug Boone up and down the field all night long and totally deserved to win this one.    Boone did not overlook Hampton, they are just that good.     Their offense is a precision piece of machinery.    Boone made a couple of plays when they had to and pulled out the win, but I feel Hampton was the better team in every way but the scoreboard.     Totally pulling for Hampton to take 2A all the way to Chattanooga, you guys have the team to do it.      We may be too banged up to make it very far in the playoffs, guess we find out next Friday.....

We wish you the best. As far as us or you for that matter, its one game at a time.

12 minutes ago, pujo said:

If we can stay healthy, I like our chances for a spell, don't care what Class you are in, there are MONSTERS in every one.

Agreed. . I’m not sure of the playoff brackets but i think Tyner is the only team that has the talent to compete with Hampton. . I’m assuming that you’ll face off in the semis. IF it’s home i really like your chances to get back to Chatt if away anything can happen. 
You guys are definitely the contenders in 2A this year. Let’s go back and bring back the Gold Ball. You guys certainly have the talent to do it. 

1 minute ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Agreed. . I’m not sure of the playoff brackets but i think Tyner is the only team that has the talent to compete with Hampton. . I’m assuming that you’ll face off in the semis. IF it’s home i really like your chances to get back to Chatt if away anything can happen. 
You guys are definitely the contenders in 2A this year. Let’s go back and bring back the Gold Ball. You guys certainly have the talent to do it. 

We got to beat Oneida,no one is gonna lay down for you. Guess we earned a little respect tonight, but that and 5 dollars will buy you a cup of coffee. lol

33 minutes ago, pujo said:

We got to beat Oneida,no one is gonna lay down for you. Guess we earned a little respect tonight, but that and 5 dollars will buy you a cup of coffee. lol

Don’t sell it short. . You Guys EARNED a lot of Respect. . You played an undefeated 5A team toe to toe to the very end. And DESERVED the Win. But yes the Playoffs are one game at a time. But I’m really impressed with Hamptons chances going forward.