TSSAA 5A 1st round playoffs - Rhea County Golden Eagles @ The Ridge

SweetScience

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Mark my word...at least 19 of the 20 will play and all starters will play...you're listening and being drawn in to too much "coach talk".  Coaches, most all coaches, want to have built in excuses in case things don't go well, but some focus on it much more than others. Rhea County is NOT a good team at this stage of the season. All teams deal with injuries, especially late in the season. All teams deal with sickness, especially this time of year. So unless this sickness is strictly confined to just Oak Ridge (which is highly doubtful), the Wildcats will be just fine. Final score...OR 38 - RC 7!  RWR!!!!!!!

Agree with this…. Built in excuses in full effect.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, catswild said:

First of all, Rhea County is 2-8, so I'm not very concerned, because this is obviously not a typical Rhea County team (have they ever been 2-8?).

Rhea County had some pretty lean years in the late 2000s/early 2010s. I'm pretty sure they had a one-win season the year Powell made it to the big game (2011).

11 hours ago, catswild said:

Mark my word...at least 19 of the 20 will play and all starters will play...you're listening and being drawn in to too much "coach talk".  Coaches, most all coaches, want to have built in excuses in case things don't go well, but some focus on it much more than others. Rhea County is NOT a good team at this stage of the season. All teams deal with injuries, especially late in the season. All teams deal with sickness, especially this time of year. So unless this sickness is strictly confined to just Oak Ridge (which is highly doubtful), the Wildcats will be just fine. Final score...OR 38 - RC 7!  RWR!!!!!!!

Well, we disagree on somethings but I would gladly be wrong about the final score. I hope you are right that OR wins by 31 points.

5 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Going back further, Rhea was also 1-9 in 1984. In 1985 they were 13-2 and made the state finals. 

Had a lot of experience in 85. We're hoping to repeat that period. Several All-State players. I know Coach Pemberton hasn't forgot how to coach. We'll be back, you can count on that. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

unapproved website says Rhea Co has a RB that ran for over 2,000 yds last yr.How has he been this yr and that QB that was a freshman when we played 2 yrs ago.

Ethan Davis, he has been dealing with an injury off and on all year. He didn’t play against coffee co and only a half against Bradley central but still ran for 150yd in that half. I think he is some where around 1200yds and 12 TDs in just 7 1/2 games. 

• Like 1

I am going to say it depends on which Rhea County Team shows up to play and too if there fully healthy. Not much to go on but if Rhea County plays like they can this will be a good game. Learned by experience Rhea does not give up. This game is just wild, all over the place to predict a score. Turnover and penalties may decide the winner.

• Like 1